Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Is this dangerous? Jewelry Cleaner and Nail Polish Remover mixed together?




Camera man


Ok I accidentally got nail polish remover on my jewelry. So I washed them with jewelry cleaner. I washed them all off with hand soap and water. Now can I get breathing problems from waring this stuff because of the fact that I mixed these chemicals together? I know this sounds dumb, but if you could please give me an answer I'd appreciate it.


Answer
Generally speaking it is not a good idea to mix household chemicals together, given the fact that harmful fumes could be evolved that could lead to, say, breathing problems or what have you. You should particularly avoid mixing oxidizers (such as chlorine bleach or products containing sodium hypochlorite) with organic compounds (such as nail polish remover) as the products of the reaction between them may be hazardous. Though in your case I wouldn't worry about it too much since nail polish remover is quite volatile (evaporates quickly), so there probably wouldn't have even been any on your jewelry by the time you took the jewelry cleaner to it. What does the jewelry cleaner bottle list as its active ingredient?

painting jewelry with nail polish?




Kimberly


so a couple years ago, my best friend gave be this gorgeous necklace from forever21 that goes with everything for my birthday. i wore it at least once a week, it's my second favorite necklace everr (next to my juicy couture ones, haha) only problem is that its fake gold and the gold came off and now some of it is like, silver. is it possible to paint it with gold nailpolish? or can i rub off the gold to turn it silver completely?

thanks so much!! :)



Answer
I wouldn't use nail polish. Check at a craft store like Ac Moore or Michaels near the picture frames. There's stuff called 'Rub 'n' Buff' that comes in bronze, gold, and silver. I've used it on a couple bracelets and it works great and doesn't rub off on your skin.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment