Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What should i know about Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp?

nail art contest
 on ... Nails -Entry to LuckyCharms2407s Nail Art Contest | Nail Designs Do
nail art contest image



Ihavequest


I am going to session 1, violin is my major. This is my first time going to Blue Lake.

So are there outlets for say, hairdryers?
What should i bring?
What should i wear to the dance and things like that?
Also, do they do anything special for the 4th of July?

Please include as much detail as possible. Thank you so much!



Answer
Hello,
My name is Gina and I am going to session 1 as a cello major.
This will be my 3rd time at Blue Lake.
Blue lake is soooooo much fun, You learn a lot, make awesome new friends.
As for outlets, there are a couple of outlets in the bathrooms for hair dryers or flat irons. however there are not any inside the cabins themselves. I would recommend either getting up as early as possible, which would be 6am, the counselors get up between 5 and 5:30 and the campers are not allowed to take showers before 6am and run to the showers, have all of your stuff beside your bed before you go to sleep the night before so that you can grab it and run. my first year the showers were packed in the mornings ( and that was middle school) however last year, only like three girls got up early to take a shower, which was perfect because there are only 3 showers in the bathrooms.
If you are wondering, it is not like a school type bathroom with a wall and shower heads, they are very very small shower stalls with Individuel curtains. My friend was asking me about that the other day.

You should bring all of the stuff that the packing list says, plus I would bring your own case of water bottles or a couple gallons of distilled water and a reusable water bottle. The water tastes like eggs.

Also, bring a seal-able container of snacks, chips, candy, granola bars, that sort of stuff. the camp food is not very good, I recommend sticking to the salad bar for most of the meals, they cant mess that up, lol.

Have a watch with you. You will need it.
You may want to bring some type of pad for your bed, the mattresses are like a piece of foam with plastic over it, very uncomfortable.

The weather over there is CRAZY, it gets very cold at night, bring extra sweatshirts. When you wake up in the morning you are freezing, but by lunch time it is so hot.

You are not supposed to have your cell phone at Blue Lake. If they find you with it they will take it away. Plus you cant get signal in the cabins so just leave it home.

At the dance you have to wear your uniform, dumb I know, but they do allow you to unbutton your shirt, pop your collar and roll up the sleeves and you don't have to tuck your shirt in.

4th of July sucks (at blue lake I mean) they do have a thing in central camp like they play American music, kids dance, they have an American trivia contest and a lot of people wear red, white and blue accessories, like earrings, headbands or paint there nails. but they make you go to bed by like 10 and no fireworks. plus you can hear them going off from the lake as you are laying in your bed all mad.

If there is anything else you would like to know I can probably answer it, just let me know!
btw, What unit are you in? I'm in Siena

Hope I helped !
- Gina :)

What can I do over the summer at home by myself?




Lola G.


I only get together with my friends a few times a month, so I have a lot of days when I'm at home with just my crazy family. I don't have much transportation, its mainly me and my computer. What are some fun things I can do online or at home by myself?


Answer
de this list for me, my friends, and family so it might be a little weird, but here it is anyway:
ï­play on trampoline
ï­play on trampoline w/ water
ï­go to the pool
ï­bake a cake
ï­Slip-n-slide (with tarp)
ï­ride your bike around the block
ï­update you iPod/Mp3 player (songs)
ï­play with chalk
ï­go to the park
ï­play run the bases
ï­play wiffle-ball
ï­have a picnic
ï­have a bake-sale
ï­have a lemonade stand
ï­go shopping
ï­have a scavenger hunt
ï­make a website (www.webs.com)
ï­have a bake-off
ï­have a bubble bath
ï­bake chocolate chip cookies
ï­play on the swing-set
ï­plant a flower
ï­make a movie (using video camera)
ï­tumble in the back yard (kate)
ï­stunt!
ï­make bracelets
ï­make dinner for our family
ï­play a board game
ï­clean your room
ï­coordinate a sleepover
ï­make a fort
ï­play Wii
ï­tye dye a shirt
ï­go camping in our back yard
ï­DANCE PARTY!
ï­make popsicles in the freezer
ï­read a book
ï­write a book
ï­have a tea party (with costumes and iced tea and cookies)
ï­make a coke rocket, or explode a coke
ï­draw
ï­start a diary
ï­make a smoothie
ï­make a scrapbook
ï­play cards
ï­have a water balloon fight
ï­go to the library
ï­play an online game
ï­play jump rope
ï­make up a hand game
ï­start a club
ï­make a tree house
ï­start a band
ï­make up your own sandwich
ï­make your own kind of camp (soccer, cheerleading etc.)
ï­invent a dance move
ï­make a collage
ï­have a family game night
ï­find a pen pal (www.stonesoup.com/main2/penpal.html)
ï­put on a play
ï­write a song
ï­have an egg-drop
ï­fly a kite
ï­make something from recyclables
ï­create your own holiday
ï­get a tan
ï­attempt a world record
ï­play kitchen
ï­play dodge ball
ï­try to sound British
ï­create a routine on the trampoline
ï­enter a contest
ï­make pound cake
ï­make up a recipe
ï­make a gum wrapper bracelet (http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11851)
ï­watch T.V.
ï­create a log of what you eat everyday for 4 days
ï­make your own ice cream
ï­have a race: skateboard down our driveway on you butt
ï­have a water relay
ï­go to a friends house
ï­play hide-n-go-seek
ï­add things to this list
ï­stretch
ï­pretend to play American idol
ï­make your own music video
ï­spend the day t

No comments:

Post a Comment