Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What are the best brands and colors of nail polish to use for water marbling?

nail art revlon
 on NAIL ART: Revlon creates BRIT Awards 2013 nail designs - Beauty & Hair ...
nail art revlon image



Sara


I've tried water marbling a few times and have never been successful. The nail polishes I've tried are Sally Hanson Xtreme Wear, N.Y.C, and a few different Avon Colors. I use Sally Hanson Diamond Strength Base Coat, and Revlon No-Chip Top Coat. Every time I go to design the pattern in the water, the polish sticks to the Tooth Pick, and then I have to start, and I'm wasting SO MUCH nail polish! Any tips? Thanks!


Answer
Oooh I've done this. In fact, I am about to do some marble art now for college tomorrow lol. I'm really not usually into nail art and can never normally do stuff like this successfully, but for some reason, marble art has come easy to me. . . I'm braggin, I know, but this is a huge achievement for me =P

Believe it or not but I use really cheap nail varnish and it works. I use George (Asda's brand or Walmart if you're in America) nail polish and it works a treat. I also use Rimmel.

Your problem may not actually be with your nail polish though. It may be that your taking too long to do the swirls. When I do it, the polish usually hardens almost straight away. The trick is to be quick and not let it set. And when you swirl it, don;t start right from the outer colour. Kinda start in the middle out. If that makes sense. Also, I use a straightened hair grip to swirl mine.

Hope this helps and all the best!

Whan was nail polish invented and when did it become common?




Like a D.C


When was nail polish invented?
When did it become a common female practice to paint nails?
Who (and what culture?) popularized this practice?



Answer
Nail polish originated around 3000 BC in China. Michelle Menard invented the modern nail polish in the 1920âs. Flapper girls and later, Hollywood starlets wore bright red. Pin-up girls such as Lana Turner always had on the requisite red lips and red nails for photo sessions and walks down the red carpet. Polish is actually similar to car paint. It requires a remover made of acetone. In Britain, nail polish is called nail varnish.

From WikiAnswers.com
In the 1930s the car industry boomed. New types of strongly opaque pigments were used in vehicle paints. This technology was adopted by the brothers Charles und Joseph Revlon, who developed the first nail varnish in 1932. Thanks to this invention they laid the foundations for the cosmetic company Revlon.

more interesting make-up inventions here ;
http://www.cosmetic-business.com/en/showartikel.php?art_id=1630




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment