Thursday, July 18, 2013

How do I organize my nail polish?

nail art walmart
 on Nail Decals Zebra@*
nail art walmart image



Morgan-ann


I LOVE painting my nails, I'm obsessed with nail art. I have over 70 bottles of nail polish (I know that's a lot) but I have it in a box right now. I tried putting stickers on them and painting the stickers so I know what color is what. I've tried separating it by color but all the bottles are different sizes and shapes so it's complicated to keep it together. I want a DIY way to organize it along with all my tools such as dotting tools, nail wheels and what not. Is there anything I could buy at like Walmart and Target that can keep my nail polish neat and organized? I don't want a caboodle, I can't find one big enough to fit everything. I want to be able to stand my nail polish up, and have tiny compartments. I've tried using a box and cutting up straight pieces to make my own compartments but it isn't working.


Answer
You could try going to Wal-mart and finding colorful cute boxes there to put your nail polish. I am obsessed with painting my nails too, i also have many different shapes and sizes bottles of nail polish. I organize them by the brand the nail polish is, or put the smaller bottles on the front while the taller bottles are in the back, Or like i said before, you could try going to Wal-mart or Target and find Organizers there like a wall rack,nail polish makeup cases, and for an easy find to find you nail polishes, add stickers of the color that's in the container, hope this helps ! (:

What are the best brands and colors of nail polish to use for water marbling?




Sara


I've tried water marbling a few times and have never been successful. The nail polishes I've tried are Sally Hanson Xtreme Wear, N.Y.C, and a few different Avon Colors. I use Sally Hanson Diamond Strength Base Coat, and Revlon No-Chip Top Coat. Every time I go to design the pattern in the water, the polish sticks to the Tooth Pick, and then I have to start, and I'm wasting SO MUCH nail polish! Any tips? Thanks!


Answer
Oooh I've done this. In fact, I am about to do some marble art now for college tomorrow lol. I'm really not usually into nail art and can never normally do stuff like this successfully, but for some reason, marble art has come easy to me. . . I'm braggin, I know, but this is a huge achievement for me =P

Believe it or not but I use really cheap nail varnish and it works. I use George (Asda's brand or Walmart if you're in America) nail polish and it works a treat. I also use Rimmel.

Your problem may not actually be with your nail polish though. It may be that your taking too long to do the swirls. When I do it, the polish usually hardens almost straight away. The trick is to be quick and not let it set. And when you swirl it, don;t start right from the outer colour. Kinda start in the middle out. If that makes sense. Also, I use a straightened hair grip to swirl mine.

Hope this helps and all the best!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment