Saturday, July 13, 2013

Is it safe to use nail polish and hair dye during pregnancy?

nail polish remover pregnancy
 on For more information, check out our recent reviews of Piggy Paint Nail ...
nail polish remover pregnancy image



confused m


Today my husband asked me if nail polish is safe for me to use during my pregnancy because of the fumes. I remember hearing that hair dye isn't safe either during pregnancy but I dont' remember if it was from a reliable source or not. I've tried looking it up on the internet but can't find a clear answer.


Answer
It's fine to color your hair when you are pregnant. The only problem is that your hormones have changed, which changes your hair, which can make your color not what it was supposed to be.

Some people say that the chemicals can be absorbed into your skin and can harm the baby, but no studies have been done on it, which is why some doctors will say to stay away from it for the first trimester. If you normally color your hair, and it makes you feel better about yourself, then do it and don't worry about it.

Fingernail polish and remover are fine. Just use them in a well ventilated area. You don't want to breath the fumes and pass out. But the chemicals won't hurt your baby.

Trust me, not only as a medical professional, but also as a cosmotologist. I have colored many peoples hair when they are pregnant, and when I was pregnant, and had mine done when I was pregnant and both my babies are fine.

If you are worried about it, talk to your doctor.

Why does my blood not clot in a glass vial?




Michelle


Hello. A few years ago when my husband and I started dating, we bestowed each other with blood necklaces, each the same kind of vial, one containing my blood for him which I obtained by paper cutting my fingers, and one his blood for me, which he obtained by using a sterile syringe. The blood in both never clotted and no anticoagulants were used. I made him another blood vial this year when I was pregnant with our child, for the sake of the pregnancy hormones in my blood, drawn via sterile syringe. It is still a liquid, never clotted. The clasp on my necklace broke and I lost his vial of blood. He made another one for me by drawing blood yet again with a sterile syringe, and within 24 hours there was a massive blood clot filling the whole vial. The cap was glued on with super glue. I soaked it in nail polish remover for a day and twisted it off gently with pliers. I cleaned the vial of the clot with rubbing alcohol and the cap and my husband then filled the vial again by pricking his fingers with lancets. Again, a blood clot formed within a day. I don't understand why my vials of blood never clotted, and why my husband's first vial I lost never clotted, but the new ones he has made keep clotting. No anticoagulants were ever used. My blood has remained in a liquid state and I'm wondering how he can make another vial without it clotting like mine and like his old one from a few years ago.


Answer
test your clotting time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment