Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Why is a lot of USA Martial Arts TaeKwonDo?

nail art 61
 on Jual Nail Art | Grosir/ Jual Nail Art, Nail Art Tools, Nail Decoration ...
nail art 61 image



Banned 5 t


i know there are many many more martial arts. but like 75% of the martial arts schools here in washington are taekwondo. and 50% of them are probably mcdojos.
I do not get it since most of tkd blocks, kicks, and punches are same as karate.
And Kung Fu is the best self defense, self focus, self calming martial art in my opinion.

the 61 year old judo/japanese jiu jitsu/submission wrestling instructor by my boxing gym can practically kick my ass and dodge everything i do into a simple ground and pound position or break my hand, wrist, or arm.



Answer
Every time you write something, you are driving another nail in the coffin that is your delusion about your art and your rank in it.

It's a good thing. I wouldn't be surprised if you got on here one day and said you'd quit tkd and gone for something better. If you think kung fu is the best, then why the hell are you into tkd?

The reason for the number of mcdojos is a commercial thing. Lots of customers with lots of cash and lots of egos. The tkd taught by these mcdojos is easy, requires nothing more than you handing over your cash, and then presto! You have a black belt in under 2 years and the delusion that you are a kick ass fighter and that your black belt in tkd is the equivalent of any other black belt in any other martial art.

You think 50% are mcdojos? I would hazard a guess and say at least 90%+ would be mcdojos! One more thing. The kicks and punches are absolutely NOT the same as karate!

The final nail is the one about the 61 year old guy who owns your ass every time you fight him. You are lucky that you are being given the opportunity in a safe environment to see the shortcomings of your training. I strongly suggest that you take this opportunity with both hands!

To Suakaow.........Olympic tkd is not something I would brag about if I were you. It's Olympic tkd that has largely contributed to what SHOULD BE a great source of embarrassment and shame to all serious practitioners of tkd.

For example...Surely you were embarrassed when, in a fit of rage, the best technique that the Cuban competitor (last Olypmics) could muster was that god-awful, piss-weak roundhouse kick which did nothing more than draw a little blood from the referee????

The fact that tkd is held in such low esteem by the wider martial arts community has nothing to do with jealousy (as many seem to think) and everything to do with its appalling shamelessness.

am i squinting.........?







i find myself "flexing" underneath my eye, and it narrows my eye slightly. it's like when you smile, your eyes get slightly smaller and underneath it puffs. like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1022&bih=683&tbm=isch&tbnid=5SazLAomRqYbiM:&imgrefurl=http://weheartit.com/entry/31485480&docid=JM4dDuccUTuO5M&imgurl=http://data.whicdn.com/images/31485480/beautiful-blue-eyes-girl-hair-smile-Favim.com-452714_large.jpg&w=500&h=400&ei=V040UOGnNcSUiQKujYHgAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=119&vpy=4&dur=641&hovh=201&hovw=251&tx=139&ty=61&sig=109005228199678532102&page=5&tbnh=155&tbnw=194&start=73&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:73

well i catch myself doing that with my eyes even when i'm not smiling. i'm not really sure if this is called a squint, or if a squint is more exaggerated and i'm scared that doing this will damage my eyes. right now i have very good vision and don't need glasses, so i'd like to preserve it.

so my questions: am i squinting, or is it just "eye flexing" lol? is it bad for my vision? and if it is, how can i stop this habit?

thanks



Answer
I'm pretty sure those are eye bags, but they're definitely not squinting. To stop, try getting more sleep. And if you catch yourself doing it, think of how silly it looks to other people (that's how I stopped biting my nails- my sixth grade language arts teacher/neighbor gave me that advice. Weird, I know)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment