Sunday, March 9, 2014

Water marbling nail art tips?




h


So I have been trying water marbling and failing miserably. I don't know what goes wrong every time. I follow the basic steps: apply my base coat, then white nail polish and let it entirely dry. Then I take room temperature water in a disposable cup and that's where all my problems start. Either the nail polish doesn't spread well (even with brand new OPI, China Glaze and Orly nail polishes) or if it does spread well, then I don't get this "bullseye". I mean I just don't get enough rings of colors. Is there any tip or trick to make this work? I also get air bubbles right in the middle of my nail...


Answer
once you make the bullseye youve gotta do it fast so it doesnt dry up. and take a toothpick and flick in from the outer ring to create a pattern. i also recommend taping your finger to avoid getting nail polish everywhere. then stick your finger and the spot you want to capture at a FLAT angle, and do not pull away take a qutip and pick up the surronding nail polish. that should work

Art Modeling Tips?




Marie


So I had to make some fast cash and have considered modeling for fine artists and photographers. I've had a little bit of fine art modeling experience, pretty laid back.
I've already had a few offers. But it just dawned on me, that I don't really know anything.
I mean, I'm confident enough with my body to know that I'm fine the way I am, but I'm just thinking on professional terms.
Like especially for photography, should I get nails done? I've never waxed anything before, I might have to wax upper lip. And I have minor tan lines. I mean, is there something I absolutely should make sure is taken care of like tan lines, hair, makeup, or what? I don't really workout, I'm just thin. I'm kind of a tom boy, don't use makeup or anything like that, so I was looking for some basic tips.
Also any tips on poses, pricing, what should I charge? etc.



Answer
If your doing this just for extra $$, work with the photog/artist on your rates, Get what you can.

AS for the rest of the stuff. One photog will want nothing but you, hair, nails, stubble as is...

Others may want you bodypaint, leather armor, and completely hairless... Everywhere. Including no razor burn/stubble smooth as a baby's backside.

It will depend on the photog, the project, and YOUR comfort level. The more the photog wants, the more he should pay. I know girls that make $600-$1000 a day for fetish shoots, but it is an all day thing, several sets, lots of clothing changes, etc... Most make a whole lot less, averaging $35-$60 an hour for basic poses, casual dress to swimwear, usually 2-3 hours of work. Partial / artistic nudes pay more.

Being new, and if you want more exposure, get what you can, but dont price yourself out of good work. Get an agreement to get photos on CD, and/or actual editted photos printed for you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment