Sunday, June 15, 2014

How to do nail art with nail polish?




Bianca R


Im wanting to do some nail art but idk what tools to use ?and what is the very fine nail brush called and were can I buy it. Also what base polish should I use before any color goes on my nail and what top coat should I use


Answer
The tools used to do nail art are varied and depend on what you are doing.
For example, if you want to do a watermarble you'll need an orange stick (or a needle), a cup, water and nail polishes that spread quite easily on the surface of the water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO3NO29L50U
If you want to do dots, a dotting tool is the required. (you can make your own by using materials you have at home. This video teaches you how to do one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mHNAS0CpPo )
If you want to do marbling you'll need a thin brush or a needle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlK0yrIOq4c
Foils are a handy tool to have around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL6isZZaC1A&feature=channel_video_title
If you want to do fancy stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGoCUmZiKYk You'll need acrylic paints.

I think the name of the brush is striper. Is it one of this? http://www.8ty8beauty.com/nail-art/images/nail-art-striper.gif You can buy it on ebay or amazon. There are some nail polishes that have a striper instead of a normal brush. the most common brands are 'kiss' and 'art deco'.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=nail+art+stripers&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=7736329326&ref=pd_sl_7ug49gskrp_b

The base polish is called base coat and it is very important, especially if you paint your nails very frequently. Here's an article explaining why you should use it.
http://www.essortment.com/nail-basics-use-base-coat-60192.html
Most of them are pinkish and it does make a difference.

I always use a regular top coat. However, if I'm using a konad design, I prefer to use their special top coat and when I'm using foil I tend to use top coat for foils.

How to clean my nail art brushes?




Winnie


I just bought a black nail striper from orly (otherwise known as INSTANT ARTIST) and since it's my only striper I thought that I could maybe use the same brush and dip it into a china glaze yellow polish. Then (since it was a light color) I thought I could just stick the yellowed striper back to its original black container without cleaning it because i knew the black color wouldn't change and thought it would be okay. And it was.....until the next day. After a night went by I looked at the black striper and the brush was all hard and isn't they same, the weird thing is that the actual black polish is still perfectly fine. I also tried to clean the brush with nail polish remover but it didn't work.

I know that it was probably the mixing of two different brands, but I've done it with other nail polishes before and it was fine! Does anyone know how to clean a nail polish brush off? I would love to know because this my new polish and my mom doesn't want to buy me a new one. Thank you!

Oh yes and if you also know what went wrong please explain so I won't ever do it again.



Answer
When you mix nail polish doesn't matter who makes it you are caking the tiny hairs on the brush making it hard. Every brush is made from different material when making the bristles,some bristles are thinner than others and finer. Since you dipped and reused then put it back it just made the hardening worse on the bristle material. The addition of acetone which dries out anything also could have contributed to the caking. The bristles to be cleaned should have been wiped off first then washed with soap and water anyou should have then spread the small bristles out with your fingers so that when the brush did dry each bristle dried individually because you didn't it doesn't work making the brush useless.Sometimes it's also good to take your fingers and find lumps of hardened polish and pull it off the outer bristles then the inner. As for the finger nail polish remover don't use it again like I said it drys out the bristles making it a better environment for caking of the bristles. If you cannot get the brush to work keep it capped but use other brushes when using that polish remember to clean the brushes after every single use.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment