Monday, October 14, 2013

How do I take care of my Nail Art Brushes Properly?

nail art lines
 on Nails and Kolours: Nail Art: Double Perpendicular Lines
nail art lines image



Miss N e k


I'v been using nail art brushes for a while now and I just got a really nice brush set with lots of small fine tipped brushes, my problem with them is no matter how carefull I am about cleaning them and storing them little hairs on my brushes will get pulled and tugged and not be together the tip, so when I use them I will get small lines of single hairs having polish on them. So any good tips in nail brush care? :]


Answer
Ooh, nail art brushes are super delicate. Here's a trick you can try:

1. Nail art is done with nail polish, of course, and nail polish will only break down in nail polish remover. So put about a centimeter's height of nail polish remover in a clean glass (not plastic cup, the acetone may dissolve it).

2. Get ahold of some clothespins. You'll need two for each brush.

3. Dip the tip of the brush in the glass so that the entire brush head is submerged but not touching the bottom of the glass (you want to preserve that fine tip). Put more remover in if necessary.

4. Use two clothespins to keep the brush at this height. They may tip the brush at an angle, but as long as it's submerged and not pressed against the bottom of the glass, that's all you need.

5. Check back periodically to see if the polish has loosened. Gently try to remove as much as possible. If any stubborn polish remains, put the brush back in.

Of course, this really only works if you don't use plastic or synthetic brushes, since the acetone can damage them.

What would work for a nail art dotting tool?




Sarah


Well, i want to try to create a neat look...but i need a dotting tool

I don't have one, so is there some other item that has similar effects for nail art?

thanks!



Answer
- Bobby pin
- Toothpick
- Matchstick
- Tip of a pencil
- Needle

I use needle for very little dots or even lines. For bigger dots tip of a match works really good. I do a lot of nail art but i never used a dotting tool. I don't think they are necessary.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment