Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nail Polish Tips?




Hermes711


Right now, after my first time applying, it's kind of gooey and gobbie, how do I apply nail polish that is smooth and neat?


Answer
Unfortunately, your nail polish is past it's expiry date.
So next time you go shopping, just head over to the nail polish section and pick some up. A good, inexpensive one that I personally like a lot is Sally Hansens 10-Day No Chip Nail Polish $7.
**Also, remember that when you do start to apply the nail polish that you start in the middle of your nail. By applying the first strip of color along the center of your nail, you are able to "blend" the product to the sides with more control and ease, allowing a more precise and even application.

Starting expensive nail polish collection?

Q. Is it worth it? I want to get like ALL the China Glaze and OPI colors gradually. I've noticed people on youtube who have like ginormous [1,000$++++++++] collections of makeup and it makes me want to know one thing-

Doesn't it expire?


Answer
No, nail polish does not expire. The ingredients are too harsh for the polish to harvest bacteria, and if it gets dried or goopy, all you have to do is add nail polish thinner (not remover), and it restores the polish it its original consistency. Here's some info on that, including a statement from OPI confirming that polish does not expire:
http://sugarmedic88.blogspot.com/2011/04/does-nail-polish-expire.html
Other cosmetics do expire, nail polish does not.

Now, is it worth it to buy only expensive polishes? In my opinion, no. Luckily, OPI and China Glaze aren't considered expensive when compared to other polishes the nail polish world. Expensive would be polishes like Chanel ($25), Rescue Beauty Lounge ($18), butter LONDON ($14), Deborah Lippmann ($16). China Glaze costs around $6-7 and OPI is $8.50.

The downside to doing this is you will miss out on some awesome polishes that are inexpensive. You have to realize that with polish, expensive doesn't necessarily mean better quality, and inexpensive doesn't mean the polish is crap. Off the top of my head, I have some AMAZING Forever 21 polishes that cost $2.80, and I have an Illamasqua polish that was very difficult to work with and it cost $14. There are colors and finishes that you will not be able to find if you restrict yourself to certain brands. Not to mention the money you would be spending JUST to have an "expensive" collection. You need to buy colors you like.

When I started collecting polish, I used to buy lots of OPI because I heard it was the best... despite my numerous bad experiences with their varying formulas and my dislike for their ProWide brush. I even have some OPI polishes I don't even really like, I just bought them because I heard other people liked the color and it was OPI. As I started to get more into polish, I realized to buy one brand is a horrible idea. I tend to lean towards Orly and China Glaze not because others say it's great, but because I personally continuously have had great experiences with those polishes, and I love their brushes. I lean away from Essie because they have a terrible brush, and their formulas tend to be thick and streaky and the brush dries very quickly when you're painting.

Ultimately, collect what you love. Choose polishes because you love the color and finish, not because of the brand or cost.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment