Monday, April 14, 2014

how to get nail polish out of carpet?




Emily





Answer
According to the suggestions and tips I found online, people are saying window cleaner works best to remove nail polish. Here are the first 10 on the website, and there are more on the link below. Good luck. :)

Tip #1: Any non-acetone finger nail polish remover will take that off and not hurt the carpet. Take a paper towel soak it down a little and wipe it off. Try to keep the area contained that you rub, at first it will look like you are smearing it around, just keep changing paper towels with a new one until stain is gone. You need to change your cloth several times so you're not sliding polish over a bigger area. When done a liquid dish soap will get the smell out of the carpet.

Tip #2: I use the polish remover and blot, then GooGone works to remove the remaining stain.

Tip #3: When I spilt fuschia nail polish on my carpet I saturated it with non-acetone nail polish remover and scrubbed it with a white cloth. After the color stopped coming out on cloth (and it was still slightly pink on the carpet) I made a mixture of liquid dish soap, hot water and bleach and continued scrubbing until the nail polish came out (for white carpets only). If that doesn't work for you try using a fabric marker from a craft store and color over the stain.

Tip #4: I spilled dark purple nail polish on my light grey carpet. When I tried nail polish remover it didn't do a thing. Then a friend told me to try window cleaner and it worked great. I can't even tell it happened.

Tip #5: Tried the window cleaner on the nail polish on the carpet and it worked a treat. The nail polish remover made the carpet turn pink...Barbara

Tip #6: My 2- and 4-year-old grandsons gave me a "manicure and pedicure" for Mother's Day, and ...wouldn't you know it? Some polish ended up on the carpet. Go figure. Well, nan's don't complain. Inside I panicked. I had no nail polish remover, and no carpet cleaner. I tried vinegar on it, just blotting it, not rubbing, as instructed by my most recent professional carpet cleaners. You won't believe how completely clean it came! Did I mention that it was BLACK NAIL POLISH? I thought my carpet was finished! Now, if only I could think of how to...ahem... deal with my nails...Loretta

Tip #7: I tried to remove the giant purple nail polish stain from my green carpet with polish remover and all it did was smear the stain and frustrate me. I read that someone tried glass cleaner and that it worked, so I tried it. It did not take away the purple completely, but it did take away enough of it that it blends into the green enough to not be so shocking. Thank you to whoever came up with this idea. You saved my 4-year-old quite a few tears!!...Rachael

Tip #8: I live in military housing where the carpet is a cheaper variety and was mortified when I saw my girls had spilt nail polish on the carpet and tried to clean it up. I took the advice and used glass cleaner, all I had was the green multi surface type and it worked like a charm! You can't even tell it was there, save a bit of smell. That tip saved some young girls from a major grounding. P.S. The carpet was a neutral tan...Robert

Tip #9: I picked up a bottle of opi nail polish. The lid was not tightened and it went all over the side of the couch and the carpet. It was a bright pink and my couch and carpet are tan & green. I tried the nail polish remover. All it did was smear the polish, so I tried the window cleaner and it came right up!! Thank you so much!...Michele

Tip #10: Thank you for suggesting that window cleaner will remove spilled nail polish from a carpet! The nail polish remover did remove some, but the window cleaner worked great!...Christine

Top 10 CHINA GLAZE nail polishes?




JuciyCoutu


I am starting to get into nail polish and I want to know your Top 10 CHINA GLAZE nail polishes!
China Glaze only because it's cheaper then OPI!



Answer
Since I'm obsessed with polish, I'll give you my top 20, lol. And I'll post some links below for you also.

1- VIII (dark blackened eggplant purple)
2- Watermelon Rind (teal glass flecked)
3- For Audrey (Tiffany blue)
4- Strawberry Fields (pink with gold glass fleck)
5- Grape Juice (purple glass flecked)
6- Up All Night (dark navy-ish blue)
7- Turned Up Turquoise (neon turquoise)
8- Flying Dragon (neon purple with blue/red glitter)
9- Black Diamond (an off-black with shimmer)
10- Moonlight (off-white creme)
...

I'll keep going! If you can find these.. they're amazing!

11- Ruby Pumps (red jelly glitter) I know Sally's sells this
12- Shocking Pink (neon hot pink) ... and this
13- Emerald Sparkle (green jelly glitter)
14- Shower Together (aqua blue creme) Sally's has this also.
15- Recycle (gray creme)
16- Millennium (silver chrome)
17- Dorothy Who? (blue jelly glitter)
18- Rodeo Fanatic (blue green shimmer)
19- Short & Sassy (burgundy shimmer)
20- Nova (silver holographic glitter)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment