Sunday, March 23, 2014

Expanding my nail polish collection, which colors?




Hatchet


I am a bold, eccentric man with a very imposing figure. I typically wear solid color button down shirts, and either jeans, jean shorts, khaki pants or shorts, and occasionally Hawaiian shirts. I always go barefoot, and my feet look very good, and although my hands are tough from manual labor, they are also clean and photogenic. I have a 4 inch long beard and a buzz cut, and blue eyes.

I love to wear nail polish however, and mostly bold colors. Right now I have a bright, bold green, bring bold blue, brown, black, gunmetal, dark grey, and a light green. I really want to expand my collection, and possibly start wearing it on my fingernails in addition to my toenails. What I want to know is what colors I should buy, and might I be able to pull off nail polish on my hands as well?

Best answer goes to whomever posts the answer with the best explanation of which colors they suggest, and an explanation of how/why I could pull off nail polish on my hands.
Just a note, I always keep my nails well, I never let them chip or become messy, mainly because I feel I am a representative of the barefooter community, and because being a man, I don't want to fall into the unkept disgusting mens feet category. So far the answers are helpful, thank you.



Answer
Here are some colours you might like:
OPI You Don't Know Jacques - medium to dark grey
Revlon Suede Matte Green - Forest Green but matte
Essie Sew Psyched - this is a weird military green shade, it's great
Essie Matte about you - this is a matte topcoat, it takes the gloss off of any shade, I think it's awesome and it gives every polish you have 2 looks.

BB Couture makes some polishes designed for men but they are stunning. I like Night Ops (black with a subtle blue shimmer), Bandito (metallic deep purple), Coal Miner (steel grey with purple undertone), Grenade (it's grenade green), Posse (camo green), and Universal Joint (odd muddy green tone very different).

Making My Own Nail Polish Color?




Keisy


I want to make my own nail polish color. Since my uniform shirt color is maroon/burgundy, I want to make a maroon nail polish color. What instructions, items, etc would I need to do and have? If this helps, here are some color nail polishes that I have: Burberry-Redish color, very pale light pink, blue-grayish color, light sky blue, midnight blue, black, dark purple & light purple. So, would mixing one of those colors make maroon? What would I need? I need very thoroughly instructions. Thank you so much for who ever answered!
*No rude answers, please



Answer
I'd say paint all of your nails in the dark purple. Wait for them to dry. Then paint over the purple in the redish color.

If you're looking for more mixing your own nail polish, take a plastic cup and pour those 2 colors into it- make the mix about 1/4 purple and 3/4 red. Stir with a toothpick. If it looks too red or too purple, add more of the other color. Repeat until you get the color you want. Get a clean brush- either one of the nail ones or even a very small paintbrush will work (if you wash it properly after) and paint your nails as usual. Voila! If you want to save some of your color for later, just cover the top of the cup with saran wrap.
However, the second method might not work if the polish colors aren't the same brand- i.e. if one is Sally Hansen and the other is NYC, the two brands might use different chemicals in their polishes and they might react weirdly and give you a strange color- this might even happen if you use two bottles from the same brand! It's unlikely, but just a warning.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment