Thursday, March 27, 2014

Good name for a nail polish blog?




veggiesaur


I am OBSESSED with nail polish! I would like to start a blog but i cant think of a good, creative name that has to do with nail polish! darn my limited creativity! lol. thanks!


Answer
How about the name "Well Polished"? :) Or "Sweetly Polished"? :)

Fake OPI nail polish?




Lauren W


So the other day I was comparing my OPI polishes to see which ones were the old formula and which ones were new (you can tell by the color of the label on the bottom) and I noticed that one of them looked different, so I researched how to tell fake polishes from genuine ones. The one I was worried about was okay, but now I'm worried about two of the ones I got online from the Katy Perry collection. I read that only the newer bottles have the four warning labels on the back. So that should include the Katy Perry collection right? Mine only have three, but everything else looks exactly right.
Also, if anyone else has any from the Katy Perry collection (specifically Teenage Dream and Last Friday Night) can you tell me if it has 4 warning labels and where you got yours from?



Answer
Don't worry, it's not fake. Mine only have 3 and even some of my Shrek collection only has 3. They're not fake.

It is actually very rare to come across a fake OPI polish. If you do, it's blatantly obvious by "OPI" being spelled incorrectly, or the color of the polish is not the same as what the polish says it is. For example, Gargantuan Green Grape is obviously supposed to be green. If it's blue, then someone replaced the polish inside. This does happen with nail salons, but not intentionally. They're not trying to sell you fake OPIs. The other time you might find a fake OPI is with a very rare, expensive, sought after color. But if you're buying on eBay or something and you're paying $4 for a polish that otherwise costs $40, then it's probably fake (unless it's just hidden in an auction). But again, I want to stress how VERY VERY rare it is to come across a fake OPI. If you buy it from stores, odds are it's not fake.

As for a fake bottle, as I said, OPI would be spelled wrong. But you're asking about OPI being written on the brush. This is true for the OPIs that are currently being produced. However, OPI has been around for over 20 years, and in that time, their brushes and bottles have changed. So if you have a brush that does NOT have OPI written on it, that definitely doesn't mean it's fake.

I suggest checking out this link:
http://blog.ainnir.net/2010/06/guide-how-to-identify-your-opi-polish.html
for info about OPI polishes over the years. It gives you the most accurate information. On the other hand, if you google "Fake OPI", the first link that comes up is this:
http://proudchapina.onsugar.com/How-tell-OPI-polish-fake-8617192
and that person is 100% dead wrong. Many, many people have tried to reply in her comments that she is not correct, but she just deletes those comments. If you read the first link I gave you, you'll see what she's wrong.

And one last thing because I don't remember if it's properly discussed in Ainnir's guide. If the bottom of your polish does not have two layers of labels, it does NOT automatically mean it's fake (as the second link suggests). The first layer with the barcode, peels away to reveal the polish name and some other stuff, but no barcode. If you see no barcode, it more than likely means that someone just pulled off the first layer. Hence the "Peel Here" written on the first layer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment