Saturday, June 7, 2014

men wearing nail polish?




Jill


I know this guy that likes to wear nail polish!!! I have known him a very long time he is like my brother to me. I know he is staight male!! Know I have to ask what people out there think about a fetish of his. He came to me a few times and asked me to borrow my nail polish & I let him I didnt see a problem with it I was just wondering if society feels theres a problem with a man wearing nail polish?


Answer
I don't see a problem with this & any color shouldnt matter either as long its not pink poke adotted LOL. I have many seen many men including famous actors & rock stars wearing it.Besides It is a free world to do basically anyting you desire as long as your not hurting anyone or youself. so if he has this fetish so big deal & know one should really care atleast I dont. If it makes him happy then I think people should support him then to down grade him. But then again thats just me.

What color nail polish should a gay man wear ?




Maripos


from your own opinion please.


Answer
I'm a non-gay guy who wears nail polish (mostly just on my toes, though).

I guess it depends on whether or not you're asking about toes or fingers. Walking around with anything more bold than clear (and even that...) on your fingers will put you outside of social norms. So unless he's very comfortable advertising that side of himself, fingers are probably out.

Toes are fun, though. I get a pedi every two weeks and like to try a new color every time. During the winter where I don't show my feet to anyone that doesn't know me, I wear any darn thing I want. During the summer, I wear some variety of sheer or very light pink. I started out with just clear but have been getting more bold over the last 2 years. It's hard to choose, though... because it's hard to find the color that only the people who think it's cute will notice, while everyone else is oblivious :)

If you really want to show off, wear whatever you want and have fun! Guys can like color too! If you want to be more discreet, here are some ideas. I really like Cherry Pop by Essie. It's sheer and a little redder than your standard french manicure type sheer pinks. Mademoiselle by Essie was the first standard sheer pink I tried, it's hardly noticable. Passion by OPI. There is also this really cute "nail blush" stuff by Pinkie Swears. I think you can get it on Sephora. It's very easy to apply, you only need one coat, and it just makes your nails look a little healthy, not at all "polishy". It's obviously a product made for teens, but whatever..

Whew. Have I revealed too much? :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

1 comment:

  1. Why not? If he's confident and comfortable with it, then he should do what makes him happy.
    I mean, it depends on whether you are asking for his benefit or if general population will accept it.
    My opinion is that there is no 'normal'. We're all individuals with our own opinions (and that's very complicated...) and we all have our own preferences.
    If a guy (or anyone for that matter) likes something and it doesn't hurt or negatively affect the quality of life for others, then he should do as he pleases.
    Nail polish is an expression of color on the ends of our digits and can add some fun to one's outlook. And there is no reason why guys can't enjoy this as well a girls.

    ReplyDelete