Saturday, June 7, 2014

Opinion on fake nails?




Naomi


I think that they r cute, I wear them all the time. I think that they rnt tacky unless they r really long, I hate that. However I always wear crazy design ones because I would never wear that kind of clothing, it's tacky but I think nails r the perfect place to have crazy designs. What's your opinion? Just curious? Thanks :)


Answer
I have my own nails. I used to do my nails, but I haven't for 12 years. I was going to a Black Tie event, started growing my nails and shaped them, and I was contemplating if I should get French mani or get them done myself, since I've done that for 5 decades. I was reading my fashion magazine, the day I have to leave for Texas, and stopped @ Rite-Aid and bought Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy in the cosmic blue color, it comes with glitter in green. Galactic 210. They come in 10 stellar shades.

EVERYONE who had salon mani paid a fortune on their nails, COMPLIMENTED ME for my @ home 3 dimension finished nails. I did it 1hr. before I went to work that day, and they looked like I spent a fortune on my nails! The price? $8.99

But here's one who want to restore her nails, I just answered her.

So years back when I use to improperly tear off fake nails (the ones you purchase from drug stores w/ the glue in the kit), eventually it left behind these ugly, deep indentation marks on both of my thumb nails. All of my other nails are fine. Polish doesn't look right on my thumbs it almost highlights the indents even more making them look very unappealing. Without having to use buffers or other nail machines...what can I do to restore my nails back to their natural state? NOTE: My thumbs have been this way for years now.

nail artists,please help me about a few things?




MyNameIsJu


im planning on starting my own nail art channel(if successful,im gonna throw in some other material too)but in order to do so,i feel like i need a few requirements before is start? i am quite knowledgeable when it comes to nail art itself,so here are the things im not quite aware about yet,so if you feel like im still lacking some facts that arent in the questions,feel free to inform me:
1. how do i make my nail beds bigger?(the pink part below the white part)
my nail beds are so short and tiny! and small,too. is there any way i can get them bigger? i've done research,and have found that it can indeed be changed. i read somewhere about gel capsules or something like that,please tell me more about it? however,im not exactly wanting to go down the path of medicines,i feel like its kinda risky. so it would be helpful if you give me some other methods. i heard about pushing back cuticles,if you can tell me more about that,or any other method,that would be great. :D
2. tips on better nail care?
how do i keep my nails,nail beds and the like healthy? how do i prevent them from chipping? my nails chip easily as they grow longer,and i really wanna grow them long so my nails i can be more flexible in choices of design to put on them. im aware that there's a product called nail hardener/strengthener. what brands do you recommend? also tell me how much it costs? and other things to keep my nails healthy. i heard putting olive oil is good,especially for the cuticles...and dipping them in certain solutions(e.g.salt+water,olive oil)in different amounts of time can speed up nail growth?further explanation on that please.also,when i accidentally "rip" a part of my nail bed from the nail itself,i get really frustrated for it shortens the nail bed further and the line between the nail bed and nail crooked and is there anyway i can prevent this from happening,or stickinbg back the ripped part back to the nail?
3. how much do certain nail brands cost?
i have had a lot of inspiration watching nail art channels on youtube,such as:
love4nails
cutepolish
meliney
lenysea
cutenails
simplelittlepleasures
ihaveacupcake
pixiepolish
and a WHOLE LOT MORE....if i mention them all,we might rum out of space ,lol :D these channels are all equally my favourites. :D
anyway i noticed that they use quite a variety of brands of nail polish,but these brands seem too always appear in every channel,so im pretty sure they're of good quality:
OPI
orly
sinful colors
la colours
china glaze
essie
sally hansen
zoya
nars
revlon
please tell me how much these brands cost??(they differ) also recommend me some base coats and top coats? thanks.(disclaimer:i do not own these brands,im only asking how much they cost)
sorry for any misspellings.btw,i'd like it even better if you try your best to organize your answer...something like answering them by number,like the questions above. i tried to make my question organized,so sorry if still seems confusing. anyways,if you answer of the same nature like my question,i'd appreciate it. thanks again,my fellow nail artisans! :D



Answer
WOW big question, ill try to answer the best i can ......

I dont know anything about making your nail beds bigger but im pretty sure you cant but you can make your nails look very heathly and strong but it takes time. Use LOTS of cuitcal oil such as solar oil. 3 times a day and really rub it in to the cutical and nail walls. This will premote growth and lessen the chance of hangnails, after a few weeks you will start to see the differnce
Push back cuticals regularly And remove excess skin off the nail plate. Do not clip your cuticles! these are living tissue and you could cause damage! clipping back excess skin can also lead to the skin growing back thicker.

If you rip your nail there is a way of fixing it using fiberglass and resin but thats a whole differnent convo

Okay nail polishes
after you have been creating designs for a while you will know what nail polishes you like, not the same works for all people and all jobs. If you in the UK Essie,sally hansen, revlon and sinful colours are all availible on the highstreet in boots and some larger stores carry Orly. I would look online for a price range and look out for special offers The higher priced ones are usually OPI,China Glaze,Zoya and Orly where as i buy sinful colours for £1 each
I use Lumos Base and top coat but alot of people use Seche Vite and ill be trying seche vite soon I have an artical on my blog about Lumos at www.lifeinlacquer.blogspot.co.uk

I would also invest in some nail art brushes, scotch tape and good nail polish remover.

If your concerned about price i would think alot about starting a blog or channel as it can cost a bit to start up and keep in mind all the other bits and bobs youll need such as cotton wool etc.

Please check out my work at lifeinlacquer.blogspot.co.uk for more ideas about polishes and i buy a fair few from fragrancedirect.co.uk




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment