Friday, June 6, 2014

What are popular nail polish colors for teens? Please give me your prreferences and ages.?




Joyce A


I hope to hear from young girls and teens, or their moms for this question. Do teens like the traditional reds and pinks, or do you prefer shades like greens and blues? Do you like polish for your toenails, too? I'm putting together a gift basket, and I need your input. Thanks in advance.


Answer
I'm 14 and I love using the make yourself a french manicure kit things...they're about $4, but they come with a lot of strips that you use to make a perfect manicure...I also love using Hot pink. For toe nails, I use hot pink mostly...i don't use much red. For younger kids, i remember I used blue almost all the time...that and very light pink. Also, there are little decals you can buy to put on your nails like flowers and stars...etc...
hope i helped ya!
ciao for now,
tara =D

how can i stop biting my nails ?

Q. I have tried the nail polish stuff and it is not working so how can i stop ?


Answer
I bit till my fingers bled, as a kid my folks used bad tasting polish to stop me, but I'd either wash it off or bite anyway, I also tried fake nails but they'd come off and look messy so make me bite my fingers more - plus they are really bad for your nails!

What worked for me was making a point one day to care for them - soaked in warm milk with lemon (lemon softens cuticals and whitens nails), conditioning wax treatment, hand cream, cutical treatment, and nail growth polish. As I'd made the effort I didn't want to spoil it so stopped biting. I'm not saying be a girly-girl spending hours on nails daily, just a little time occasionally. I recommend Sally Hansen's maximum nail growth polish, normal polish can look bad on bitten nails but this (or nail treatments/base coats) looks natural, it also helps nail growth - don't use long term! Ingredients in most nail polishes are actually really bad for your nails, so if you want long nails don't use nail polish daily in the long-term. Or mix olive oil (1tbsp) and talc or clay (1/2 tbsp) as a natural polish that will also promote circulation. When I'd get raggid edges I'd bite more, so get a nail kit with buffing boards and files to repair damage, try crystal files to prevent more damage, they're also pretty.

It sounds obvious but the trick is to get nails to grow before biting them, once grown you really don't tend to bite, it feels different so it breaks the habit. So a few tips to help growth nice strong nails; don't use nails as tools, keep nails clean during gardening by scraping a bar of soap so it's soap under nails rather than dirt, keep all nails the same length with rounded edges, never cut cuticals as they protect nails instead push them back whenever you wash your hands, use light vegetable oil on nails before buffing up to promote circulation, check out nail care recipies online as they're very cheap to make and an easy way to improve your nails. You can buy nail-growth vitamins but they cost an absolute fortune, like normal vitamins you don't get anything you'd not get with a good diet so don't waste your money. Look at improving overall diet for better nails, but particularly look at foods that are a source of vitamin d to help absorb calcium to strengthen nails (cereals, eggs, milk, herrings), to support keratin development you need source of the b-vitamin biotin (eggs, cod, salmon, lean beef), and to hydrate nails go for foods that provide omeda-3 fatty acids (flax seeds, pulses, wholemeal foods).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment