Tuesday, June 3, 2014

teens 3 questions about nails,1. whats the best nail polish that helps with breakage and helps it grow?




KaSeY rOsE


2.i have anemia * low iron* and my nails break off does that mean my iron levels are low?
3. tips on keeping my nails even after i get a breakage?



Answer
Well for me I have quite strong nails and kind of long ones and haven't had this problem so I'm not entirely sure, but I think you deserve at least some advice. Well depending on the stores around you there would be all different types of nail polish so I can't give you an exact nail polish to help. You can always try different ones and feel free to ask family members or friends about this, even ask staff members at the shops for suggestions. You can always use clear strong nail polish (cant think of the right thing at the moment) that might help prevent chipping and breakage. I personally hardly ever paint my fingernails a colour, normally it's just clear to help stop chipping. But if you like having a colour on put clear ontop. If the nail polish you buy is extremely thin maybe try two coats. I'm not sure about the iron since I haven't had any experience with this but I searched on google images 'clear strong nail polish' I'm not sure where they sell it but one that had a few pics of was Mabelline New York Forever Strong Professional (also says in a box '+iron') so this may help. Possibly ask someone you know about this and see if its any good?

Some tips for that from me would be:
1. If the breakage is say a small area and didn't actually break of like its split open from the side, try to cut down to that area if it isn't to low to prevent it from tearing and ripping deeper.
2. If you can try to wear clear nail polish most of the time to try stop breakage.
3. Shorter nails may help prevent breakage when doing normal everyday activities. Example: when I was younger my mother would always keep her nails cut short since they would just break off when she was doing her job. On holidays shed grow them out then cut them back down after.
4. Try to keep up your iron levels as high as you can with anemia, this could help.
5. Keep your nails in a good shape, don't have them to long and be sure to file them to round the edges etc.

I really hope something from this helps :) and wish you the best of luck towards the future. I'm not sure I was much help but thought that you deserved an answer after waiting so long :)

nail polish question?




sweetie


is clear nail polish the same as a top coat?
does it matter which one i use?



Answer
Yes, clear nail polish is the same thing as a top coat - usually, but not always. It depends on how in depth you want to look at it.

Let me explain:

There are three main nail polish formulas:

1. Base - Used to "prime" the nail, fill in ridges, grab onto nail color, etc. It's usually clear, but it can come in a variety of colors.

2. Nail Polish - This is what you think of when you think of painting your nails. A good nail polish is all in the preference, but I prefer one that is non-streaky, has a nice wide brush, and is not too thick. Clear nail polish CAN go into this category. It can be the second step OR the third step.

3. Top Coat - Usually applied to keep nails shiny and to help guard against chipping. Can also be applied to strengthen the nail itself. Lots of topcoats actually have vitamins in them.

If you use a clear nail polish as a topcoat, you should apply it twice. The double layer is necessary to keep your nails looking nice, shiny, and unchipped. If you apply nail polish correctly, it'll take 5-10 minutes longer than you're used to, but it should last for a couple weeks without having to redo it. It's definitely worth doing right.

Good luck and Merry Christmas! :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment