Monday, January 13, 2014

How to deal with a co-worker who treats you like a kid/teen?

nail art 60
 on Unhas para o Halloween : Passo a Passo das unhas mais incr�veis pro ...
nail art 60 image



Triplejump


There is this guy who is higher rank than me at my work. He never smiles, and always has a grumpy face, and thinks that I am a high school student, and he asked if I lived with my parents. I haven't lived with parents in years, and graduated high school years ago I look younger than my age, but he disrespected me in front of my co-workers that I get along with really well. He doesn't try to have a conversation with me because he thinks I am immature looking because i look younger than my age. I get along well with everyone except for that old fart (60 year old guy). What do I do because my mood turns very sad when I see him. I don't see him at work much. Maybe once every two weeks. I cringe when I see him. My mood turns from happy to immediate sad.
Everyday I pray that he doesn't appear to work.



Answer
Work on your image. That is, your appearance. Style your hair in a more mature fashion. Remove any body jewelry. Dress in a suit instead of jeans and tees, or even a cardigan and dress. You want to look professional, or like one character said on a movie I watched about women in the workplace, "Like I won't take any guff." Use conservative make-up, including toned-down lipstick instead of something vividly contrasting or bright. Avoid any glitter or sheen. Wear stylish shoes, low or medium heels, not flip-flops or tennis shoes. Avoid wearing low-cut or see-through blouses, or tight pants. Wear nylons. If you paint your nails, then make them clear fingernail polish or something toned-down, not bright colors or with glitter or other distracting art. Wear pearl earrings, not rows of rings, or dangling earrings. Let your "bling" be a brightly colored plastic, or metallic, necklace, and one or two bracelets (or no bracelets at all if they get in the way of your typing or make clattering noises against the furniture).

Then try this with that old fart: Call him "sir", like "yes, sir", and "no sir." They like to be respected. Avoid making comments about him (especially negative ones) behind his back. Your co-workers may seem like your friends, but they may just be immature enough to tell the boss what you've been saying about him behind his back. That won't help your situation.

Avoid joking or gossiping, visiting with your fellow employees on the job. Save that for the lunchroom. (And then be careful about who is listening.)

What is an absolute must to get, see, and shop at in both New York and Washington?




Philippa J


Hi! I am a 13-year old who loves nail polish, make-up, clothes etc... I live in Austria but am going to New York and Washington over the october break.. I am a bit clueless as to where the "secret- insider" shops and stuff is!!!
Thx and all help will be appreciated!



Answer
There are plenty of things to see and do in the Big Apple. May I recommend the following.

Landmarks

-Empire State Building
-Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island
-Rockefeller Center and the Top of the Rock Observation Deck
-Times Square (no trip is complete without a visit to the"Crossroads of the World")
-Lower Manhattan/Wall Street Area
-United Nations
-Central Park
-Brooklyn Bridge (you can walk across it too)
-Grand Central Terminal (largest railroad terminal in the world)
-A Ride on the Staten Island Ferry (its free and you can see the Statue of Liberty as the ferry crosses the harbor)
-Sightseeing tour on a Double Decker Bus
Museums

-Museum Mile (Fifth Avenue from East 82nd to East 103rd Streets)
-Museum of Natural History and the Rose Center for Earth and Space (formerly the Hayden Platerium)
-MoMa
-Whitney Museum of American Art
-New Museum of Contemporary Art
-Madame Tussaud Wax Museum
-New York City Fire Museum
-New York City Police Museum
-Transit Museum
-The Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum

Shopping

-Macy's (West 34th Street and Broadway in the heart of Hearld Square)
-Bloomingdale's (Lexington Avenue at East 59 and East 60 Streets)
-The shops along Fifth Avenue (just don't max out you credit cards)
-FAO Schwarz
-Toys "R" Us in Times Square
-Lord and Taylor (5th Avenue at East 38th Street)
-Chinatown/Canal Street Area (if you want to go on the cheap for the stuff you can't get on Fifth Avenue)
-NBA Store (for the basketball fan - 5th Avenue at East 52nd Street)
-The Apple Computer Store (East 59th Street and Fifth Avenue)
-The Time Warner Center (West 59th Street - Columbus Circle)
-Hershey Store (for those with a sweet tooth)
-M&M World (49th Street and 7th Avenue)
-Grand Central Terminal (for the shopping)
-H&M
-Century 21 Department Store (Church and Cortlandt Street)
-forever 21
-Barneys New York (660 Madison Ave)
-Abercrombie & Fitch (5th Avenue @ 57th Street and Water Street between Fulton and John Streets)
-American Eagle Outfitters (4 locations in Manhattan)
-Urban Outfitter (8 locations in Manhattan)
-Manhattan Mall
-Queens Center Mall
-Queens Place Mall
-Roosevelt Field Mall (on Long Island)
-Fulton Street Mall
-Kings Plaza Mall
-Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
-Garden State Plaza
-The Westchester Mall
-Palisades Center Mall
-Westfield Sunrise Mall
-Green Acres Mall
-Jersey Gardens

Restaurants

In regards to place to eat in New York City. There are thousands of restaurants in the Five Boroughs of New York City. Depending on your taste, your budget and your preferred location, may I recommend the link below.

http://www.menupages.com/ -- MenuPages.com is the one of the best website on the online. It included menus with prices, as well as restaurant reviews. Bon appetit!

I hope this information is very helpful.

Good luck
Native New Yorker




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment