Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Where can i get make up storage for a really good price?

nail polish holder diy
 on nail polish floor standing
nail polish holder diy image



Chloe


I want to get some acrylic make up storage but I can find anywhere cheap enough UK


Answer
From a blog called Sophiax by a young woman in the UK named Sophia:

"Acrylic Storage!

Hey everyone! Hope you are well! For ages now I have been lusting after the 'perfect' makeup storage and have gone from it being stored in my dressing table, to buying a 'tall boy' mirror chest of drawers, using empty Glossybox's and even diy-ing my own. All of these didn't quiite work for me and I would end up just keeping my daily products out on my dressing table and the rest would be hidden away and never used. I have forever been eyeing up the Kardashian clear cube, but as it is pretty expensive, I wanted to find something a bit more affordable. I have seen the Muji acrylic storage on many blogs before, so after some research (and worrying it wouldn't fit all my makeup) I made the splurge. I ended up getting three sets of the stack-able drawers; two of the 2 drawers- wide and one of the 2 drawers- wide with flip lid, so in total I had 6 drawers, costing around £40 inc p&p. They arrived within a few days and I was super excited to get it all set up. I absolutely LOVE the way my makeup looks in the clear drawers, and how easy it is to get what I need BUT, as I had previously thought, they definitely didn't fit all my makeup, and as the drawers are fairly thin, they were spilling over prettyy quickly. So, I decided what I would do is keep my most used makeup in the acrylic drawers and keep the rest in my tall boy chest, switching it around every now and then. This way, I will get use out of a lot more of my makeup than before, and can sit at my dressing table and easily grab what I need.

The only downside of the Muji drawers is that not all of my foundation bottles will fit, as like I said, the drawers are quite thin. Rimmel Wake Me Up fits perfectly, but Mac Face and Body and my beloved Clinique Superbalanced don't, which is a little annoying. I will definitely be picking up something else to store these in soon, but for now, their home is my diy acrylic storage which I did a post on a little while ago. (You can see that here)

I'm not a big fan of storing my lipsticks lying down, and I have been searching for the perfect lipstick holder for a while with no luck. I had an Amazon voucher that needed spending so I picked up an acrylic nail polish stand, which I had intended on storing some of my nail polish on, but, when setting it up, I realised it would make a lovely temporary place to store my lipsticks! The nail polish rack was delivered super quicker and only cost just under £10 inc p&p. (Here's the link to the nail polish stand) Obviously, this also has limited storage, so I decided to do the same thing as with the Muji drawers and keep my most used lipsticks out on the rack so they are easy to grab, and again switch them up every now and then to get use out of the others that will be put out of sight.

I am so happy with how these have turned out! So much so that I have already ordered another set of the Muji drawers for extra storage, aswell as an acrylic pot to hold my eyeliners and another nail polish rack!"

Fun DIY projects for room decoration?




Kelli


I am starting my first year of College in about a month and I'm staying home because we could not afford a room and board so instead, my mom is letting me re do my room. I am getting a new bed frame and new dressers. I am looking for new things. I've been hanging posters for years and I want something else other than posters. I am a nail polish collector (over 170 bottles currently) and one of the things I'm doing is creating a wall rack for all my nail polish out of wood planks at Home Depot, I'm going to paint them and decorate them. I am also doing the crayon melting thing. I need more things that I can do. This will help the rest of my summer go by quicker (cause I'm anxious for college) and also show off my creativity in my own personal gallery lol
So any DIY projects that you know helps. I have lots of paints, rhinestones, and decorating tools, I also have a Cricut printer so I can use that as well. Only thing that i am restricted from is painting my walls because we are rent to own and we do not own the house yet. I want to hear as many ideas as possible thanks guys!



Answer
How about some lights? Some of these you could probably just make and hang them as decoration instead of adding a light inside.

String Pendant Light:
http://madebygirl.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-finished-diy-pendant-light-via-made.html

Paper Lantern Light (looked really easy to make but I haven't actually tried):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=609928259027237&set=a.560239393996124.1073741826.560229000663830&type=1

Cardboard Pendant Light:
http://www.poppytalk.com/2012/09/diy-cardboard-pendant-light.html

Paper Crane Lamp (looks pretty time consuming though and doesn't really have instruction, but looks sweet to me):
http://sweetsweetlife.typepad.com/sweet_sweet_life/2010/05/i-really-didnt-think-it-would-work.html

Hanging Lamp Made of Cupcake Holders (could also just be a decoration, not a light):
http://www.designsponge.com/2012/03/diy-project-sculptural-paper-orb-lights.html

Hanging butterfly/(you could use anything really) decor:
http://vk.com/ideasdecor (The first one, there are instructions [hopefully you're on Chrome and have google translate!] if you click the picture)

Patterned Rug Using A Doormat:
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-make-a-b-138526

Site with a lot of nice DIY's that I found in my bookmarks! Imo the older posts are better
http://www.designsponge.com/category/diy-projects




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment