Thursday, November 28, 2013

Why is my nail topcoat making the bottom coat change color?

nail polish 1 nail different color
 on ACRYLIC NAILS: Nail Polish for You - to Acrylic Nails
nail polish 1 nail different color image



pintaloosa


I just got two new nail polishes. One is China Glaze 'Bluebells Ring' and the other is Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro clear topcoat.
Odd things have been happening.
First, I used the Rimmel as a base coat and put the China Glaze over top. The China Glaze because slightly striped with silver. When I used nail polish remover on it, it turned completely silver and was hard to get off. The next time, I used China Glaze as a base coat and Rimmel as a top coat. As soon as I put the Rimmel on, it started making silver splotches on my nails! What's happening here?! Should I stop using those two? D: Please don't recommend different brands, just tell me what's happening and if its happened to you.



Answer
What it sounds like is that when you put the top coat on it is making the nail polish change colour. The China Glaze nail polish isn't the problem, it's probably the top coat. It might be because Rimmel isn't one of the best brands you could use but this doesn't mean that all of the Rimmel nail polishes are not good. I have some and they are really nice but maybe you could just get a better top coat. Every top coat is different, some smear the polish, some take off some of the polish and some are good at don't do any of this. What I would recommend is just getting a new top coat. I would really suggest you get one with a good brand. Here are some suggestions-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seche-Vite-Polish-Lacquer-0-125/dp/B0063GACWQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1365063800&sr=8-4&keywords=top+coat+seche+vite

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essentials-Coat~-Protective-high-gloss-shine/dp/B002T4M6ZW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1365063829&sr=8-3&keywords=top+coat+opi

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Instra-Dri-Anti-Chip-Sally-Hansen-Clear/dp/B000AA5VD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365063869&sr=8-1&keywords=top+coat+sally+hansen

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nails-Essie-Good-Coat-15ml/dp/B005MP9HU2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1365063939&sr=8-4&keywords=top+coat+essie

Hope I helped!

What nail colors are in style right now?




BlueEye


What colors and types of nail polish are really stylish right now? I'm bored with my usual plain red or pink nails... I do them myself by the way :-) Thanks!


Answer
Tired of the pink and red, huh? I have been sporting french forever! Fact is..polished nails are really big right now..and I have actually been doing a red nail alot..instead of doing the now trendy red lip..I do red nails instead...sorry you are feeling your polishes are played out.

One color that is all the rage this season is what some fashion guru's are calling "griege"..that beige gray color...dark polishes...variations of black or gray..like gun metal...A popular color for many people is "My Private Jet" by Opi..I think it became popular with stars like Kim K wearing it. It is sort of a dark brown..black..gray al in one. Color is big...bright color...glitter polishes...bold...anything really goes now! Brands such as OPI..OPI by Sephora..Essie..China Glaze..and Nicole have a huge selection of colors that you can browse. I sometime look at these popular brands then go over to the .99-$2.99 polishes & try to find a color match. I'm sorry..$9 for a polish that you don't like is a big & sad waste of money to me. If applied, layering several thin layers..I think most "cheapies" do just fine. A drugstore brand that has a pretty wide range of colors is the brand "Sinful Colors" at Walgreens, they retail for normally $2.99, but they often have them on sale for $1.99. So..have fun..be creative..try something different & wishing you a flawless job on your nails.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment