Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Nail Polish question?




to_sassy4_


1. Why do dark colors leave your nails with a yellowish color?
2. How can you get rid of this yellowish color?

My nails are natural and although I love dark reds, purples and browns, I also like the french look. But I hate that my nails have this funky color to them. HELP



Answer
I might be a male but being a automotive paint expert I know a thing or two about fingernail polish as they are both chemically the same except that polish has glycerin added to it for shelf life.

To prevent the discolor of the nail, first apply a coat of clearcoat as a base. Then apply color and then another coat of clear. The first coat of clear will seal your nail and prevent the color from embedding itself into the pores of the nail.

To get rid of the yellow you can try to soak the nails in acetone, fingernail polish remover. This will help lighten it some but most likely you will have to let the yellow grow out. Won't take that long.

I had been trying to make a 60 second drying fingernail polish back around 1997 but Revlon beat me to the punch.

how to organize my nail polish?

Q. please help me! i have 24 nail art pens, 24 nail polishes and some other things like a nail file, cuticle stick, hand cream and french manicure nail tips i need somewhere to store. at the moment i have them all stood up on a shelf in my bookcase in rows but it is really hard to access because when i try and reach something at the back, i end up knocking loads of them over! the shelf is too small to fit on a shoe box and all my drawers are taken, and i have no makeup bags that are big enough.

what is a good way to organise them (i would preferably put them in colour order or put my favourites at the front and the ones i dont use at the back).

thanks <3
haha i know and i'm only 13 :)
WHAT I MEANT WAS HOW SHALL I STORE THEM AS I DON'T WANT THEM ON A SHELF ANYMORE


Answer
I have mine in clear boxes. On box if full of nail files, top coat, base coat, cream, stuff like that. The other is the actual polish's. I divide them by brand and then by color. So I have all my Chanel's and they're lined up from lightest to darkest, then essie's, again lightest to darkest and so on.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment