Saturday, February 8, 2014

what is nail polish primer and does it make polish last longer?




Kat


I'm looking for something to make my nail polish last longer before it chips. I get pretty good brands but they still chip so that I have to do it over by about the 5th day. Is that what primer does? If not, any other ideas for keeping nail polish from chipping?


Answer
To be honest 5-6 days is about the average life of nail polish. Although, a good base coat and top coat can extend it! I highly recommend Orly's Rubberized Base Coat (this just provides more flexibility under the polish, and it doesn't chip top coat) or Creative Nails Sticky Base Coat is good as well! As for a top coat I recommend Creative Nail Shiny Top Coat! All of these can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply! The base coat goes on before the polish and the top coat goes on after your done polishing!

Happy nail painting!

Does Sally Beauty Supply have reasonable prices on Nail Polish?




...


Also, is Revlon a good brand? I know OPI is supposed to be the best, but I have a hard time spending $8/per bottle.


Answer
revlon is ok. where you want to spend the money is on a good topcoat. thats what prevents chipping. i go to sallys and i love it. orly makes a great polish, comparable to opi. fingerpaints are good too. sallys sometimes has sales, look for coupons in the store flyers as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment