Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Is it true that most nail polish and nail polish removers are toxic or carcinogenic?

nail polish alternatives
 on The best nail polish brands | Nails and Polish
nail polish alternatives image



kheper


If so, what are the alternatives for someone who uses nail polish on a daily basis? Thanks.


Answer
No, they're not. Most nail polishes (OPI, Rimmel, China Glaze, Essie, L'Oreal, NYC, Sally Hansen, etc) are free of the chemicals (toluene, formaldehyde, and dibutyl phthlate) that have been associated with cancer. However, even your nail polish contains those chemicals the chances of getting cancer from them is rare. You would have to literally huff your nail polish (if it has those chemicals I've listed) in a non ventilated room repeatedly to be at risk. As long as you're apply your nail polish in a well-ventilated room you should have no problems.

However, I like to play it safe so I opt for polishes free of the chemicals.

What can I use to remove nail polish besides nail polish remover?

Q. I've run out of nail polish remover and I need to remove some nail polish (thought I would have enough when I was removing the nail polish but I didn't), anyone know of an alternative? Thanks.


Answer
Nail polish. Seriously, aha.

Just put on nail polish like normal, but don't let it dry. Wipe it off as soon as you put it on. It'll come off, and the polish under it -the one you're trying to get off- will as well.

:]




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment