Friday, May 16, 2014

what is art?




pooja b





Answer
Depends on who you ask. In most cases it's whatever people will pay way too much for no matter the level of skill, intent, comment, or whatever.

I know someone who won a major award for nailing a cheap frame to the board he used to ink print plates on. He just entered it for fun. He doesn't think it's art. He thinks it funny as heck that well respected critics do.

Personally, I think art is that which captures the beauty in human condition. I also think that beauty can be found in even the most horrific of situations. Even, and, often, especially the ugliest things can be beautiful. It's just that which moves the viewer. It can be terrifying, painful, distressing, objectionable, and, even, out-right traumatizing. These things are as beautiful as the things that are inspire love, joy, lust, and humour.

Peaceful sunsets and placid landscapes or seascapes are not art to me. Lovely little still-lives with apples and pears and a glass of wine are not art. There is no passion there. They are really just studies. They are great ways to develop skills but offer nothing of the human condition. They belong in mid-priced hotels, dentist's, doctor's, and lawyer's offices. They fill space and don't offend.

Most "modern" and abstract art is the same. It's just using colour and images to create safe pictures for the very same industries as above. They just cost more because when you have no clue what you're looking at it simply MUST be worth more.

Sometimes the best art can be the most controversial art. It's the kind you look at and have to look away because it is just that disturbing. It is beautiful because it conveys that emotion that perfectly. It's not pretty but it makes you feel.

Art makes you feel something and makes you feel it really strongly. You don't have to make sense of it. You don't have to understand it. You certainly don't have to like it. You just have to feel it and that is what makes it a work of pure beauty.

Can you help me about this nail problem?




Vanya Alex


Hello, so i have this problem: my nails are cracked. I am not on any diet, and i take vitamins and eat almost everything, i'm not biting my nails. , so i have no idea where this problem comes from.... here is a picture, they are kinda yellow too, not much but they look darker than my all friends .. I don't smoke....

http://postimg.org/image/mlw8eqe2r/

Even when they are short they start peeling :( ...
I want to have a manicure, but I can't because of this problem. Can you give me somI e advice what can I do.. or buy. And I'm from Bulgaria so.... I am using https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg2tQIaekGE-nHetf2z31YzVru_LgBLIGOxnlH9OZeBTivjVOEixFnwhDwAKmeYUr6FvvfkySvYYBYVi-WIFpJNoFiNZmN84Ow139MQ24Wkq8QTgUpJaiPBTgp3GchuI5yDQuLzPdovK60/s320/DSCN3633.JPG - The Hardner 5 in 1 ... it makes them a little harder, but only when i'm with the hardner....

Please help me, Thank you :))
Sorry for my bad english ^^



Answer
Vanya, this is what helped me and I thought my nails were hopeless.

Over a year and a half ago my doctor advised me to take Vitamin E for my badly picked and bitten nails. I was ready to try anything, believe me! This worked beyond my wildest dreams! My nails are strong and healthy and ugly deformed bumps on my thumb nails disappeared. Now they grow and grow fast! I use a rectangular nail block to keep them a good length (no talons for me!) and I pamper them with good hand lotion and cuticle cream. I use Develop 10, from Amazon, which is a great strengthener as well as being a shiny clear polish that can be reapplied every few days. One trick that I found on my own is a real winner - I clasp my hands together while watching TV, sometimes massaging in hand cream at the same time. I also have worry stones (from eBay), inexpensive but beautiful smooth stones to rub when stressed) all over the place - in my purse or pocket, on the nightstand, near my couch, and a bowl of them as decor on the coffee table! I check for rough spots or snags on my nails regularly and go after them with the nail block so that no breakage will occur. I even use the nail block for dry, hard places on the skin around my nails, leaving nothing to bite or pick. I am very satisfied to have, finally, a routine that works!

NOTE: Also, you will need to push back your cuticles so you don't get painful hangnails. Soak your nails in warm soapy water for a few minutes to soften them. You can get orange sticks at any drugstore. Put a bit of cotton on the end and push the cuticles back gently.

"An orange stick is basically a catch all tool in the world of nail art and nail care maintenance. They have a variety of more or less unrelated uses that can come in handy. One side of the stick has a pointed end, while the other has a flat angled shape similar to a flat head screw driver. Both sides have a variety of applications. They cost very little.For example:

- Use the pointed end to clean under the free edge at the end of a treatment. If you do this, you should discard the orange stick afterwards as a safety precaution.

- The angled end can be used to even out the cuticle, smoothing out any irregularities. This is basically an alternative to using a hoof stick.

- These sticks can be a great tool for cleaning up parts of the skin that have been touched with nail polish. If the polish is still wet, you can just use a plain stick to remove it. If the polish is still dry, try dipping the stick in nail polish remover first.

- This can be a great tool to use during practice. Attach a plastic tip to the end of the stick and then hold the stick in place while applying an overlay or nail art design.

Each order of orange sticks that you place with us comes in a resealable, easy to store plastic bag containing ten sticks."

Best of luck to you, Vanya! There IS hope!

EDIT: Ooops! http://www.vivalanails.co.uk/orange-sticks.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment