Monday, July 22, 2013

How do you store your makeup/beauty tools?

nail polish holder walmart
 on Nail Magic In Atlanta#$@
nail polish holder walmart image



Jessica Ra


How does everyone store their makeup/nail polishes/brushes etc. I was thinking about buying a train case. Have any suggestions?


Answer
I primarily store my makeup in those plastic drawers you can find at target, walmart, office depot and big lots. I got mine at big lots for $7.00, I have 2 sets which have 3 rows of about 8x11 inches. I store my makeup in there by category,lips, shadows, primers/bases/liners, face stuff, lashes and brows, pigments and glitters. I do have a traincase but I do not store my makeup in there because it is hard to access, I only use it when I do freelance. Right now I have my makeup brushes in my brush belt but I usually keep them in a Sephora inspired brush holder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5xtOqlraS4

My nailpolishes are stored in a gigantic plastic bin sorta like an oversized tupperware.

Watch Enkore and xsparkage on youtube for more makeup organization tips.

How can I get my hair and nails to grow?




Me





Answer
Taking Vitamin E supplements IN ADDITION TO healthy eating and excercise habits can help give your hair and nails that extra little boost. Also, keep nail clippers and a nail file handy (but don't take the clippers to the airport, work, school, etc as they are now considered a "weapon", but your paperboard file should be fine) and trim hangnails and file down rough edges and niks daily.

You can try some "Hard as Nails" nail polish, which has helped my nails from chipping as often as normal.

For your hair, be VERY picky about your shampoo. I like Redken, personally, it is pricier than Suave but worth it, and a little bit really goes a long way. Shampoo and condition your hair DAILY, and for extremely dry hair days get a leave-in conditioner/detangler or a deep moisture conditioner (the kind you leave in for 3 minutes or so). Brush your hair once or twice a day with a WIDE WIDE WIDE tooth comb to get all of the tangles out. Don't RIP a tangle or knot, start at the bottom and pick it apart with the comb. Then, get a boar bristle brush (can be found at your local Walmart or other such store) and brush your hair in long strokes to help distribute the oils in your hair, BUT don't over brush your hair. Brushing too much will pull your hair out of your head. Clean the dead hair out of your brushes often.

AVOID: HAIR DYES (ALL KINDS), TEASING, RUBBER BANDS, PONY TAIL HOLDERS, ETC. If you have to put your hair up, use a pony tail holder without any metal or plastic on it, or even better a scrunchie (I know, not fashionable, so for when you are doing yardwork and look gross anyway) or claw clip and bobby pins (not barretts).

Get your dead/split ends trimmed often (about 1/4 inch every 3 months, varies depending on your hair), as these can halt growth and actually grow up into your roots and kill your hair.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment