Thursday, July 25, 2013

How to not be afraid to try nail polish colors?

nail polish 4 free
 on BONUSES Free China Glaze Nail Polish
nail polish 4 free image



AdorableFo


i always wanted to try colors like dark purples,dark blues,etc but im always afraid to wear them and i usually end up wearing a light pink almost clear color and that's it.

Also can anyone tell me some different colors of nail polish for all 4 seasons that would look great!~ thx a bunch! like what colors would be great for spring,summer,winter,and fall. :D



Answer
I totally feel you. Growing up my parents would only let me wear this shade of pink called Cotton Candy so I was always used to the light, iridescent pink shades on my nails. As I got older and started to enjoy painting my nails and getting them done, I ventured into darker nails. I went pretty extreme- I wore Lincoln Park at Dark by OPI when I got a free manicure at a sample sale. I say the best way to start wearing darker colors is to go get a cheap manicure and choose a shade that stands out to you. It might look totally ugly in the end but at least you wouldn't have spent an arm & a leg.



To answer the second part of your question: what shades for each season, I say I clump shades into two sections Spring/Summer & Winter/Fall. The shades suggested by fashion mags will change every year but in a general sense are usually in the same family of color. For fall/winter I would go with darker colors and especially metallic colors. Try gunmetal tones- they're really nice looking. I, personally, don't like to wear black nail polish anymore but I still wear dark purples (my favorite shades are Pat on the Black & Arabian Night both by Sally Hansen), darker red tones, and an occasional dark blue.

I actually don't mind wearing whatever color I feel like for any season but I typically go for pastel colors in Spring, hot pinks and bright reds for summer, and darker/metallic colors for the rest of the year. For Spring you might want to try lilac. Essie has really cute shades: Neo Whimsical, Lilacism, Bermuda Shorts. It might help you to transition out of your comfort zone if you're not into just jumping into something new. You can start with light purple and work your way to darker purple. Or just wear a new color on your toes and see how you like it.

What is the longest lasting brand of nail polish?




lydia


I want something I can go pick up at most stores and is not to much money. I am sick of nail polish that starts chipping off the first day.


Answer
I suggest putting a base coat and a top coat that you can get cheap at Walgreens by Sinful Colors. I love the brands:

-Sinful Colors ($4 Walgreens)
-Sally Hansen ($5-$7 depending on type)
-Pure Ice ($3 Walgreens)
-Heaven (I don't know if they still manufacture it or not, but it's really good, one coat is enough and it won't chip for a while. Check online)
-China Glaze

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me about it. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment