Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Does it matter if I use LED or UV lights when using gel nail polish?

nail polish 100 set
 on LOT-100-WET-n-WILD-MEGALAST-NAIL-COLOR-POLISH-Wholesale-Bulk-Set-FULL ...
nail polish 100 set image



Ja_manda


I was just wondering if there is a difference between LED and UV Lights when it comes to gel nail polish. Also does certain brands require a certain lighting?


Answer
I'm new at this, too, but I've been reading up on this for the last week and I believe I am correct...

The LED light is a UV Light. A UV Light is a blacklight... The LED Lights I've seen and the one I got in my Sally Henson Gel Nail Kit that I bought today is a blacklight.

From everything I've read, all "Gel" polish that requires lights to cure it are compatible with most standard UV/LED lights.

Otherwise, salons would have major problems if they try to use different brands of polish.

You NEED to cure any gel polish that does not specifically say "No UV/LED Light Required".

I gave myself my first gel manicure about 4 hours ago and I "Cured" each nail under the LED Lamp that came in the kit and when I push a nail into the polish, it still dents a bit... I don't know if they have to dry or further cure like normal polish, but they aren't able to smear or show finger prints when I touch, but I can make a dent when I try.

Also, since the gel is said to be so long lasting, I made sure to put the top coat on the under side of my nails, too, and then cured the top under UV/LED for the 30 seconds and then turned my finger over and cured the under side, too. I don't know if that did anything, but I can't see how the light could have solidified the underside with the first pass.

Since LED/UV Lamp Strength might differ by brand, when I eventually purchase a brand other than Sally Henson, I'll be super careful and most likely give each finger two passes under the lamp just to make sure that they're cured.

One neat thing I read about today is that it might be possible to use normal nail polish then top it with a clear gel topcoat to make the normal polish last at least a week.

The biggest thing I keep hearing about doing this is that you need to make sure that the normal polish is 100% dry before doing the gel top coat and normal polish can take as long as 24 hours to be totally dry and set up... So when I try this, next time, I'm going to do my nails in the morning then wait until the next day to do the gel topcoat because putting the gel coat on seals in any moisture in the nail polish below and can cause the whole thing to "Slide Off" or stay squishy.

Oh, and you can get coupons for most Starter Kits on the company Facebook Page. Just google them... I've seen $5.00 or more coupons and that helps when most starter kits are $30.00.

How do you get nail polish out of a 100% cotton t-shirt?




Acorn


im freaking out at my friends house i spilt a lot of nail polish all over my fav twilight shirt how do you get it out her mom tried but nothing worked...please please help!!!!!


Answer
I hate to state the obvious because im sure you have already tried it but what about Nail Polish Remover?

or use 99% rubbing alcohol.

put a damp clean white cloth under the stain and apply the solution
put a second damp cloth on top of the stain to prevent evaporation.
let set for 15 minutes then blot (don't scrub) to soak out the stain.
keep moving the cloth around or use new cloths to provide clean area for the stain to absorb into. you can even whack it repeatedly with a hair brush which will provide th agitation needed without scrubbing which will damage the material.
good luck
ACECOWBOY




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment