Monday, September 23, 2013

Is it safe to draw on my pregnant belly for Halloween?

nail polish non toxic
 on Acquarella Non-Toxic Nail Polish Date Night | Spirit Beauty Lounge
nail polish non toxic image



Ashley A


I am in my 7th month of pregnancy, and I want to draw/paint on my belly. I'm not sure what I should do- Should I use non-toxic markers, nail polish, or body paint? What kinds are safe and which are harmful to my baby, if any?
(Please give resources and not just opinion.) Thanks in advance :)



Answer
Washable markers that are non-toxic never hurt anybody. And my 4 year old and 2 year old are proof of that. As well as myself (and I'm 8 months pregnant).

Is there any nail polish that is safe for cats to be around with?




J


I am not putting nail polish on the cat. If I put nail polish on a fake hand will the cat be safe around it and I am worry if it gnaw on the nails so please answer!
I also want to buy the nail polish at a store.



Answer
I wouldn't trust any kind of nail polish around a cat.
There is at least one that is sold as non-toxic but if you think there is a chance the cat would gnaw at it I'd hide the fake hand - put a glove on it.
Non-toxic nail polish brand: Priti. http://www.pritinyc.com/

Update: Try looking for it in a store like Whole Foods Market in the health and beauty section. They may have that brand or another non-toxic nail polish.

Update 2: Here is a list of stores that sell Priti:
http://www.pritinyc.com/United-States_ep_44.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment