Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What nail polish brands test on animals?

nail polish not tested on animals
 on Nail Varnish Not Tested On Animals@^*
nail polish not tested on animals image



Stephanie


Ok so I just recently started being a vegetarian and now I want to take the next step and get rid of all my products that test on animals. I'm going to start with my nail polish so can you tell me what bands test on animals. these are the brands I have right now
-O.P.I
-L.A. Colors
-Maybelline
-Sally Hansen
-Forever 21
and could you also tell me other big brands that test on animals and that do not. Thx for helping me



Answer
Opi Essie loreal maybelline relvon sally hansen


Brands that don't forever 21 la colors wet n wild elf physicians formula hard candy Orly China glaze sinful colors la splash Jordana essence

What are products that do not test on animals?




paws


To be more specific I need to change all my essential items to those from companies that do not test on animals. Here is a list of the main ones Im looking for.
Shaving cream
toothpaste
toothbrush
lotion
makeup
shampoo and other hair products
contact solution
nail polish and nail polish remover
make up remover
toilet paper
paper towels
tissue paper (like kleenex)
razors

Any answers would be greatly appreciated! (:



Answer
You have lots of sources for cruelty-free shaving cream, lotions and other cosmetics. Nail polish remover is more difficult to find but I think No-Miss has 1 & they have lots of nail polish colors & other kinds of make up.

Good cruelty free companies include:
Jason (hair products, shaving cream, skin care, toothpaste etc.)
Aubry (hair care, skin care, some cosmetics)
Kiss My Face (skin care, soap, hair care)
No-Miss (cosmetics, nail polish)
Ecco Bella (cosmetics, cologne, hair care including *yummy* vanilla shampoo

Online stores (also check the websites of specific companies):
Cosmo's Vegan Shoppe
Pangea

Urban Decay is a bit pricy but has wonderful cosmetics & the vegan ones are marked as such.

Caution:
The Body Shop is famous for not testing on animals, but has been bought by a larger corporation that *does* animal testing, if I remember right.

Most bar soap contains animal ingredients, not to mention that many soap manufacturers test on animals. Watch out for words like "tallowate," which is derived from cow fat.

Someone said that food isn't tested on animals, but unfortunately some companies do test for some bizarre reason (maybe to receive govt. subsidies, as if they need them). POM pomegranite juice is one of them, and so is Mars candy, so no more M&M's for me. This testing involvces killing the animals to see if the product has an effect on muscle development etc. as well as killing a number of "control" animals for comparison.

Sorry, not sure which paper companies do or don't test.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment