Sunday, December 8, 2013

How can I improve the lighting for videos?

nail art house
 on Nail Art By Kit � Free Hand Nail Art Designs
nail art house image



August


I want to make nail art tutorial videos and I found the perfect spot to do them. But the thing is, the lighting in my house sucks. Here's a picture that I took with the same camera (it will be more still when I film so it won't be as blurry):

http://tinypic.com/r/e7moaw/5

Please don't say buy a new camera because I cannot afford a fancy, new one.



Answer
soft light works best. two 40 watt incandescent bulbs on the left and right side work well with closer picture taking.depending on how large your camera lens is will also depend on how much light it accepts into its lense resulting in an unknown lighting level until you actuall upload/develop the actual picture/video.practice multiple pictures and moving the lights back and forth until your picture appears to have the desired amount of light that your satisfied with.

you will need at least 2 free lamps to do this correctly.

do not use halogens or compact flourescents unless your camera has an offsetting adjustable mode to correct that specifc lighting.

Best camera with 1080p video and continuous autofocus?




Silly_Smil


I am looking to upgrade my camera, especially for videos. I currently have a Canon Powershot A4000IS and a JVC GZ-MS120BU camcorder.

The Canon does take 720p video, which is pretty good for the price I paid at the time, but it does not have continuous autofocus. The JVC camcorder was one that someone had lying around and gave it to me. While it is good for just taking casual videos, I am starting a youtube channel for nail art stuff, so I need something that can be zoomed in, still have good quality, and can autofocus as needed.

I am open to any suggestions but I would like to not have to spend to much. Thanks!



Answer
I am a huge fan of Sony (maybe because I grew up with a Handycam around my house. My dad has one from 15 years ago and it is still going strong). They are affordable and always get the job done since you are not shooting a major motion picture. Camcorders these days are amazingly good. A Handycam will definitely get you awesome video quality, good zoom, good auto focus, and great audio.
I wouldn't suggest you to get a DSLR. You need to invest a lot with a DSLR (mics, lightings, good lenses, etc.).

As always, go to your local electronic store and check them out yourself. It is always good to get your hands on it before you making your decision!

@SoundLabs, i can't stop laughing after reading your answer. *highfive*




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment