Thursday, January 30, 2014

How can I prevent nail polish from chipping?




girly


I love to have polished nails but i hate they way they look when they begin to chip!!

I have tried numerous brands and all of the polish seems to start chipping or flaking off after 1-2 days. What can I do to make my polish last all week long?

(I generally stick to red or pink polish if that matters....)

Thanks!



Answer
well, if you go to a nail salon then they usually last for a week or two
put on many layers of a coat of polish
and put clear nail polish over your 2-3 layers

what's the best way to apply nail polish so that it lasts?

Q. What brands are best? How long does polish last in the bottle? I've had trouble with polish that looks okay when I apply it, but after a few hours it has small bumps in it.


Answer
OPI lasts about 2 weeks before it chips (pretty long in comparison to other brands)
In order to make nail polish last, there's 4 steps:
1) Wash your hands with antibacterial soap so that there's no oil or bacteria that could make your nail chip quicker.
2) Apply a base coat on all your nails and wait ~1 min for it to dry. This creates a nice, smooth base for your nail color to go on; and it prevents the color to stain your nails yellow.
3) Apply your nail color (if it's opaque, usually 1 coat is enough) in a thin coat, because too much can take a long time to dry and it's messy. But if you're using a cheap nail polish, 2 coats is probably better. Wait for ~1 min to dry
4) Apply a clear top coat, that way it kind of "seals" your nail color in so that it chips less easily.

As for the little bumps in it ... I'd say something happened in the drying process, because that never happened to me. Perhaps you went over your somewhat damp nail polish with another coat and it looks like a mess? Next time, make sure the nail polish dried COMPLETELY before applying another coat.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment