Thursday, January 30, 2014

What do Etsy sellers use to make nail polish?




Potionsand


I am a total nail polish, and craft, junkie. I make my own soap, candles, jewelry etc. Just for myself to enjoy, not for sale. But I want to try my hand at making nail polish but it seems to me that all the youtube videos of how-to, all use eye shadow pigment and craft store glitter. I know that craft store glitter can be stripped of its color by certain chemicals, so that doesn't seem like a good way to go. But could be wrong.

I am mostly wondering what kind of glitters, and where they are bought, are used. As well as what to use for pigmentation. I am obsessed with jelly polishes but true ones seem pretty hard to find. I already know not to use straight clear nail polish and found a great seller for actually suspension bases.

Soooo can anyone help me out? Thanks!



Answer
Glitters found in nail polish (used them) comes from a small container sold @ Craft Stores.

Other questions, email ETSY.

What's yor favorite nail polish design? ?




dance4ever


I can do pretty hard designs, I just want some fun summer nails!


Answer
Ombre, tulips on your tips, watermelon, nautical design.
If you google any of these there are a variation of designs of each!
I also suggest joining Pinterest, it's a nail polish junkies paradise!
You can just search for nail designs and you get so many designs to try, I love it!

Enjoy and have fun :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment