Monday, September 9, 2013

How do i get rid of a nail polish stain on my carpet?

nail polish carpet
 on The Best Nail Polish Brands | RealSimple.com
nail polish carpet image



saba m


i droped red nail polish on my carpet and i dont no how to get it out!..Please help!


Answer
Nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol.

Tip #1: Any non-acetone finger nail polish remover will take that off and not hurt the carpet. Take a paper towel soak it down a little and wipe it off. Try to keep the area contained that you rub, at first it will look like you are smearing it around, just keep changing paper towels with a new one until stain is gone. You need to change your cloth several times so you're not sliding polish over a bigger area. When done a liquid dish soap will get the smell out of the carpet.

Tip #2: I use the polish remover and blot, then GooGone works to remove the remaining stain.

Tip #3: When I spilt fuschia nail polish on my carpet I saturated it with non-acetone nail polish remover and scrubbed it with a white cloth. After the color stopped coming out on cloth (and it was still slightly pink on the carpet) I made a mixture of liguid dish soap, hot water and bleach and continued scrubbing until the nail polish came out (for white carpets only). If that doesn't work for you try using a fabric marker from a craft store and color over the stain.

Tip #4: I spilled dark purple nail polish on my light grey carpet. When I tried nail polish remover it didn't do a thing. Then a friend told me to try window cleaner and it worked great. I can't even tell it happened.

Any ideas on how to remove maroon nail polish from my carpet?




kendylyn22


My 2 year old son decided to pour a whole bottle of my nail polish on my carpet. We had professionals come out, but they couldn't get it out. Any ideas on how to get the nail polish out? Home remedies? We rent and I don't want to lose my security deposit when we finally do move.


Answer
nail polish remover than go over it with hot water like boiling hot than clean it with rug cleaner




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment