Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Whats the different between gel, shellac and acrylic nails?

nail polish vs gel
 on Dont Get Ripped Off By Your Nail Salon
nail polish vs gel image



AllySunshi


I have gotten the gel nails before and now I have the actual fake nails. I don't know much about nails when I get my nails done every 2 weeks. I want to know the difference so I know what I'm getting and I can ask for different things. Whats everything I need to know about nails?


Answer
As far as gel vs acrylic, I found this very informative video for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBYgEzUQusQ

The lady above explains the differences between gel and acrylic much better than I could.

Shellac, though is kinda like nail polish. It's gel, but can be easily done at home:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCpXTHjYADQ

It's like... if gel and polish had a daughter, she would be Shellac.

What do you suggest for nails that look short, clean, and classy?

Q. Should I get gel nails and trim them down accordingly or just wait for my real nails to grow? Looking for more of a French manicure.


Answer
If you get any type of fake nail, gel is the best way to go if you don't want to ruin your natural nail. It is, however, not as strong as acrylic, but it looks way better and shinier.
Keeping your real nails up is cheaper. A manicure every two weeks vs. fill-ins every two weeks; the manicure will cost less. Polish will not stay as long on your natural nail as it will on the fake nail, though.

I suggest if you're looking to just grow your real nail out, get gel nails until your natural nail grows out. Then take the tips off and start getting manicures or just an overlay.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment