Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm redecorating my teenage girl bedroom and I need help?

nail art pinterest
 on Nail-art by Robin Moses: purple and gold nail, mahogany nail, crimson ...
nail art pinterest image



Janet


I am a teenage girl (13) and I'm moving into a bigger room. (It's like a mini-master bedroom,lol.)
I don't know the size of the bedroom but if it helps it has two windows and four walls.
I'm not buying new furniture except a desk and maybe seating.
I really want to decorate a room I will never outgrow till I move out.
Here are my questions:
1. What colors should I paint on the walls? (that matches everything)
2. What colors should I paint on the furniture? (that matches everything)
3. Are there any cute bedding out there? (preferably an inexpensive bed in a bag or quilt)
4. Are wall stickers recommended? List all of the pros and cons.
5. Are there any cool but cheap posters I could buy?
6. Are there any interesting area/accent rugs?
7. How can I organize my room?
8. Any other creative ways to decorate my room?

To make answering my question easier, I will tell you a little about myself.
I love animals especially dogs, cats, rabbits, and horses.
I am very passionate about writing stories.
I love to read, watch movies and TV shows, do art, and use the computer.
I am not necessarily a girly-girl but not a tomboy. (Though, I have more tomboy in me.)
I hate jewerly, makeup, and nail polish. (Dunno that would help with room makeovers.)
I am not into music, sports, and things like that.
I love my stuffed animals and I love candy =D

Thanks for answering and sorry if this is too long.



Answer
http://www.polyvore.com/home_decor/collection?id=683547
The above site is called Polyvore. You can go in and create different rooms and also fashion. You will learn it fairly quickly. I am happy you get a new room. So fun to decorate and make a statement about you.Have plenty of shelves for all the books and stuffed animals. Iwill put some sites on for you.
http://www.hgtv.com/topics/teen-bedrooms/index.html

What is fun about choosing a neutral color is that you can add pops of color in pillows, bedspreads, lamps, through rugs etc.


Using color wheels are fun and you can get ideas here. Start with your neutral and use the wheel to show pops of color
http://www.interiorholic.com/decorating/decorating-101-color-wheel-value-and-balance/


Pretty Jars filled with candy could be colorful.Ideas
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3348/3278303788_680eb527ee.jpg
http://www.chocolate.com/dimages/product_images/7028-pink-bunny-candy-jars_275x275.jpg

http://pinterest.com/StacyCurran/teen-rooms/
http://freshome.com/2010/06/17/25-room-design-ideas-for-teenage-girls/

I want to do something different with myself?




Sophie


I'm so bored with the way I look and I want change but I dont know hwat.
I'm 18 soon, I have long dark ginger hair (below the bust) with a grown out side fringe.
A roundish face.
5ft 5, skinny.
One piercing in each ear
I don't wear much makeup because my skin is really dry like nothing helps so yeah.


Any ideas are good, hair, peircings anything!



Answer
DO NOT DYE YOUR WHOLE HEAD! Ginger hair is so pretty, you could get ombre hair, do the bottom as blonde and maybe the transition between them as a lighter ginger, it would look fiery and amazing, I know I'd be jealous lol

Go all out on earrings, find some that are really attention grabbing, not boring ones that we see everywhere, like long spikes and stuff like that. Same with rings!!

Change up your eyeliner, some days do it minimal, then others do it winged, then do double winged which is my fave.

I doubt you have bushy brows, but get rid of the of the sparse hairs below your brow. Spend some time looking at stores online to get a true sense of what you want to wear, get inspired by posts you see on tumblr and pinterest so you could see what really interests you. Start mixing and matching things differently, like things you wouldn't normally match and you'll be surprised by how much better you'll outfits will look. Change up your whole style.

Take up new hobbies, you'll also feel different. Look up nail art and get to work!! Nail art is soooo fun, there are some really short (1-2 minutes) vids on youtube that have amazing styles, I recommend cutepolish. Once you get a feel of how it's done, start creating your own styles. But you may need some tools for certain looks, I mostly use slim paint brushes.

Don't wear skin makeup, it's useless. Just get funky with the rest of your makeup. There are also tattoo lips, they're amazing, sephora sells them, you can see them on youtube.

Take advantage of your skinniness and dress well :) You can also contour and highlight your face which is really fun to do, same with your body (chest, collarbone, shoulders). Change up your perfume. Get your split ends cut before doing the ombre thing! Go crazy with your eyeshadow too, there are lots of fun looks you can do.

That's pretty much it, I don't know what else you could do but I think these will be enough :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment