Monday, August 26, 2013

How can I remove hardened dark purple nail polish from white plush carpet?

nail polish 3 in 1
 on Nail Polish Designs Easy Nail Polish Designs Glitter  Pretty Nail ...
nail polish 3 in 1 image



mom_of_ame


I have splattered, dried purple nail polish over a 3.5 sq. ft. area in my formal living room, curtesy of my 7 year old who threw the bottle across the room during a "temper tantrum". The bottle top broke off...and now I'm left with a Jackson Pollack painting on my rug. I have tried nail polish remover and shaving cream. Any other suggestions to remove hardened nail polish?


Answer
Remove as much of the foreign material as possible by blotting with a white paper towel or scraping with a dull knife.

Apply isopropyl rubbing alcohol to a clean white cloth, white paper towel or cotton ball. If the spot extends deep into the pile use a blotting motion until the spot is removed or no color is transferred to the cloth. Do not allow the alcohol to penetrate into the backing as this will destroy the latex bond. If the spot is on the surface only, rub in one direction at a time. Never us a circular motion to remove spot as this may destroy the texture. Stop if spot is removed. If not, go to Step 3.

Blot up as much of the spill as possible by blotting with a white paper towel or scraping with a dull knife.

Apply a small quantity of detergent solution to the spot. Use a blotting motion to work the detergent into the affected area. If spot is being removed continue applying detergent and blotting with a white paper towel until spot is removed.

Rinse with tap water using a spray bottle, blot to remove excess moisture.

Spray lightly with water, do not blot this time; apply pad of paper towels and brick and allow to dry.

If there is still some stain on the carpet and blotting is not removing it, then moisten the tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Let stand for on (1) hour. Blot and repeat until carpet is stain free. Light will cause peroxide to change back to water so no rinsing is necessary. Apply pad of paper towels and weight down with brick.

What type of revenge should I get on my husband?




Marko the


Choose 2 of the 5 choices and tell me WHY!

1/ Make him do the dishes buck naked for two hours.
2/ Make him do my nail polish.
3/ Watch a model show and make him miss a football game.
4/ Make him watch a soap opera.
5/ Make him stay at his mother's house for a week.
Oops...
Forgot to mention that I won a bet and he has to do whatever I say...
Sorry about that..



Answer
For the winning bet I choose 4 and 1.

I would enjoy the heck out of his nakedness, I don't like nail polish, I would not want to take away football, and I would be sad if he was gone for a week.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment