Sunday, August 25, 2013

what is the nail polish trend?

nail polish summer 2013
 on   - 78 :: BG-Mamma
nail polish summer 2013 image



Adriana


I've been really un-inspired with my nails lately. I used to always have my nails painted but I don't know what colors to do anymore. what are the summer 2013 trends?


Answer
Anything ombré! Omg I've seen so much. American stripes, animal texture-like prints, and coral and sapphire are what I've seen a lot of lately, but I see a lot of ombré. Not sure how to do them though....

How often do you.../what's your favorite...survey?




Rain


How often do you...
shower?
take a bath?
wash your hair?
shave?
exfoliate?
brush your teeth?

what's your favorite brand of...
body wash?
shampoo?
conditioner?
leave-in conditioner?
styling products?
face wash?
acne treatment?
lotion?
body spray?
body scrub?
nail polish?



Answer
How often do you...
shower? ~ I shower twice a day because I run in the morning, and I dance in the afternoons, and I generate a lot of sweat both times, haha. My morning shower consists of popping in with a shower cap on over my hair and just washing off. I'm in and out in less than 70 seconds. I then apply dry shampoo to my hair to make it smell lovely. In the evening I take a slightly longer shower.

take a bath? ~ I'm a college student living on campus, and there isn't a bathtub in our bathroom; we just have a shower. Every time I'm home I take a bath filled with lavender epsom salt. If you're an athlete or simply tend to build up stress in your body, it's a fantastic way to unwind and soothe your muscles. You'll get out feeling like Gumby. All knots will be melted away.

wash your hair? ~ I use dry shampoo every day, but only wash and condition it in the shower three to four times a week.

shave? ~ Nightly. My hair grows ridiculously fast.

exfoliate? ~ I gently exfoliate my body and my face once a week.

brush your teeth? ~ At a minimum I brush them twice a day. I sometimes brush them more frequently, especially if I'm drinking a lot of coffee.

what's your favorite brand of...
body wash? ~ I don't use a body wash, but I do use liquid soap mixed with a tiny bit of jojoba oil. My favorites are Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap in Peppermint and in Lavender. I'm also a fan of the almond scent. It smells like marzipan.

shampoo? ~ Batiste Dry Shampoo. It's perfect for mornings when you don't have the time to fully do your hair but you don't want to look like a ragamuffin. You just spray it in, tousle your hair, and voila you're ready to go. My favorite liquid shampoos are Aveda Shampure (mainly because I'm addicted to the scent) and Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Shampoo, which doesn't smell nearly as delightful but does a fantastic job cleaning my hair and is really inexpensive.

conditioner? ~ John Masters Lavender and Avocado conditioner. I also like the Nourish line at Trader Joe's.

leave-in conditioner? ~ Alba Botanica. I'm also a fan of Garnier Fructis's leave-in.

styling products? ~ I only use Redken Anti-Snap and the tiniest drop of aragon oil on a daily basis. If I ever need hairspray I ask to use a roommate's. As for styling tools I rarely use any. I let my hair air dry most weekdays. I blow it dry and sometimes use my roommate's curling wand (the one that makes your hair look like ringlets) when I'm going out.

face wash? ~ I just use Rose Water or Orange Blossom water on a cotton ball. You can get them from gourmet grocery stores, or sometimes in the ethic food aisle at normal grocery stores for under $4, and they're organic, wonderful for your skin, and smell so, so pretty. Once a week I make my own face exfoliator using oatmeal I grind to a fine powder in a coffee grinder and mix with rose water and essential lavender oil. I apply it as a mask for about 20 minutes, then gently scrub and wash it off.

acne treatment? ~ I don't use any.

lotion? ~ Satsuma by The Body Shop. It smells like summer happiness.

body spray? ~ I use a custom-made hydrating body mist from Pure Sense by Paula (boutique at home). I also like Dove's cucumber and melon body spray, but I think it might have been discontinued.

body scrub? ~ I use a cinnamon exfoliant soap from Turkey that is sort of like Lush's Buffy the Backside Slayer but last forever and was a fraction of the cost.

nail polish? ~ Essie Turquoise and Caicos, though I've literally done my nails only twice in 2013 thus far. I play the guitar without a pick, so my nails rarely ever look pretty.

Yay for surveys. : )

~ skylark

Edit - I now love Trader Joe's coconut body butter. It smells and looks sort of like creamy cupcake frosting and makes your skin feel like bliss.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment