Friday, December 6, 2013

Cosplay Help for Children of the Forest?

nail art roses tutorial
 on Rosy Laces, W/ Hello Kitty* 3D Acrylic Nail Art Design Tutorial
nail art roses tutorial image



Lucidum Ig


I plan to cosplay Leaf from A Dance with Dragons written by George R. R. Martin, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it. A description is provided, but there isn't much to go on. The description is as follows (taken from awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Leaf):

She is one of the children of the forest. She has nut-brown skin that is dappled like a deer's with paler spots, and large ears. She wears a cloak of leaves. She has large liquid gold and green eyes which are slitted like a cat's eyes (that is, with vertical rather than round pupils). Her hair is a tangle of brown, red and gold, autumn colours, with vines and twigs and withered flowers woven through it. Bran thinks that from far away Leaf looks no older than himself or one of his sisters, but close at hand she seems far older.[1]

I need gold, cat-like contacts speckled with green, a copper wig with strands of brown and gold, twigs and leaves to weave through my wig, black, sharp nails, a faun make up tutorial, and a leaf cloak.

For the contacts, I found these: http://www.honeycolor.com/yellow-cat-eyes.html though they do not contain green. I do not know if I should look harder for gold and green.

I found several wigs from arda-wigs.com, although they are just one color. I can sew in strands from other wigs, if neccessary. The wigs I have considered are:

arda-wigs.com/collections/candy-striper/products/rose-blend
arda-wigs.com/collections/dark-copper-red-015/products/glinda (in pumpkin)
arda-wigs.com/collections/maroon-018/products/claudia (in pumpkin)
arda-wigs.com/collections/maroon-018/products/ferrari (in pumpkin)
arda-wigs.com/collections/salmon-203/products/luthien (color shown, not sure)

I'm very flexible on the wig colors since I'm going to be sewing in strands anyhow.

For the claws I figured I could file these down: www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Black-Fingernail-Size-One-Size/dp/B000R4Q37I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373419852&sr=8-2&keywords=black+nails

I couldn't find a faun make up tutorial although tumblr seems obsessed with them.

I can't figure out how to do the cloak. I figured I'd use a green cloak, then cover it with real leaves (or faux leaves that look real enough). I'm not particularly sure how to do this though.

I intend to use a flower crown for the twigs, leaves, and flowers.

The references I'm using, by the way, are:

www.flickr.com/photos/not12/6109743559/
iron-hearted.deviantart.com/art/Leaf-ASOIAF-361547118

None of my choices are final so feel free to make changes.
here are the links again: pastebin.com/ZhyJd8jz



Answer
URLs are not working.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment