Monday, December 30, 2013

What is a good nail polish for home manicures?

nail polish lasts 2 weeks
 on ... as i am always talking about my nail polish blog and nail art designs
nail polish lasts 2 weeks image



Joyce A


I have thin, fragile nails. I like the look of a natural or light polish, but I've always had trouble with the polish chipping after a few days. This happens with both home and salon manicures. I had a gel manicure at a salon and it lasted over 2 weeks, but the polish was hard to remove and I had to go back to the salon for that. I worry that the acetone is too strong for my fragile nails.
I bought some Revlon Colorstay (supposed to last 11 days). I took it to the salon with me when the gel color was removed and had my own polish applied. So far it's been on 3 days with no chips! Does anyone know of any other good polishes that last without chipping or peeling off?
I have also used lots of those nail strengthening products, from the expensive (Nailene, Nail-Tek, Borghese) to the less expensive. There are probably some new ones I haven't tried. I am also taking a supplement for nails (Bioten, Biotin??) but have just started.



Answer
I like the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure. It includes base coat, strengthener, and color in one bottle. I brushed on two coats (actually, tossed it on in a flash) last week, and it lasted seven days, even through tons of typing and housework. When I took it off, my nails even felt smoother and healthier.

How do you make nail polish last?




Silver


My nail polish never lasts, no matter what I do. I am apparently very hard of my nails without even knowing it. I've tried several brands of nail polish and I've used top coats and base coats and nothing works. Whenever I paint my nails the polish is chipped in 12 hours. Can anyone help? Thanks.


Answer
i am hard on my nails to. Who wouldv thought typing on keyboards is hard on nails? lol. I found my nail polish chips at the sides then peeled off. Makes your nails look shitty! :(
I got a acrylic overlay put over my nails. This also helped my nails since they are weak and brittle and peel easily. My nail polish stays for weeks! I get my nails done once every 2-3 weeks depending on if i can aford it. The acrylic helps alot BUT it is damaging to your natural nails because some places use little drill type files. Try to find a place that doesnt and it will help!

Otherwise you can buy sally hansen hard as nails clear polish. Its like a glaze. Its really thick! Like really thick! It might have tiny fiberglass particles im not sure. Its got red writting on the bottle and it looks sort of yellowish color not quiet clear.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment