Thursday, January 2, 2014

Is there any way to get a large nail polish stain out of carpeting?

nail polish shelf
 on shop beauty products nail care nail polish nail polish display rack ...
nail polish shelf image



~RedBird~


My daughter had an accident in her bedroom with her nail polish. A shelf broke in her room, and several bottles of nail polish fell. One of the bottles hit against another and broke open, leaving a 2 inch diameter stain on the beige wall-to-wall carpeting. It's a very dark color polish, and it's already hardened of course. I didn't touch it at the time, out of fear I would just smear the stain. Is there any way to remove the stain without spreading it and making it look worse?


Answer
Your best best is a "Carpet Transplant":

1. Cut the stain out using a razor knife. Be careful to cut only the carpet, not the padding under it.

2. Cut a piece of replacement carpet from a place no one will ever notice, like from inside a closet.

3. Put the ruined piece on a piece of paper and trace around it. This will be your template. Cut this out and use it as a pattern for the new piece. You want an exact match in shape.

4. Glue the replacement piece of carpet in place using waterproof glue. Attach it to the padding underneath. Or you can sew it into place by sewing it to the existing carpet. (You will need a curved needle if you sew it in place.)


The repair should be invisible when you're done.

-

What is a creative, affordable, and semi-portable way to store nail polish?




Emily


I am an aspiring nail tech and I have over 150 bottles of nail polish. My last system of storage (color coded ziploc bags in a tote) failed when my sister was too rough throwing a bag into the container, shattering a bottle everywhere. I've seen the nice shelves that people have, but I don't have the wall space and I often take my stuff with me to do manicures for people at their homes. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!


Answer
Caddies are nice. I use caddies. Rubbermaid containers. :) You can find great things at Target.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment