Thursday, January 2, 2014

How to ask my mom to start wearing make up?

nail polish not tested on animals
 on Our Gel Remover has taken Silver in the Best New Nail Innovation ...
nail polish not tested on animals image



Brianna


I want to start wearing makeup. I don't know what to say though because up until recently I always said makeup was stupid and made you look unnatural but now I know you can use it enchance features instead of hide them. I think if I ask her it would be awkward. Other things I've asked for are really awkward even when it shouldn't be. It was awkward for no reason when I asked if I could dye my hair and shave my legs and even soap designed for your face instead of regular soap. I don't know how I'm supposed to wear it without asking. I don't have access to makeup except her old makeup which is tested on animals and I only use cruelty free products. Currently I wear lipgloss sometimes but I don't count that as makeup. I tried hinting at it by pointing out some cruelty free makeup brands like elf, nyx, and wet n wild but she thought i only wanted nail polish from them. She doesn't wear makeup everyday and when she does it doesn't look very good (not to be mean but she applies it wrong so I don't think she would be helpful at teaching me) So how should I ask to wear makeup.
Also what kind of makeup do you think I should wear? I'm 13 and have dark brown hair that I dyed auburn, long (black) eyelashes, full lips, and it looks like I'm wearing blush naturally. I think tinted mosturizer, concealer for spots, and eyeliner would be good. I don't know if eyeliner would be ok to start but I feel like eyeliner would be good. And I've used crayola colored pencils dipped in hot water to soften it (yes Im that desperate lol) and a thin line of black at my lash line looks more natural than brown because it blends into my eyelashes.
Sorry it's so long and thanks for answering
@kelsey after reading your answer i realized that those also apply to me. In 4th grade I really wanted boots instead of sneakers and I was embarrassed to ask for them. I didn't even ask to pluck my eyebrows so i have to be careful that it looks almost the same as before. And I still pretend I don't have crushes. Literally a few hours ago my mom asked if I had crushes and I said no. That means your a lot like me and the tips should be helpful.
Today I went on eyeslipsface.com and pointed out there is a huge sale on brushes (trying to hint that I want makeup) and she said i don't need makeup brushes. I don't know how else to try to hint that I want makeup.



Answer
Wow! You sound EXACTLY like me! When I was younger I was afraid to tell my mom that I:

1. Wanted to shave my legs (even though I was the only girl in my class with ape legs)
2. Wanted to pluck my eyebrows
3. Wanted to try wearing new types of clothes
4. Liked boys... (Sounds weird, but yeah, I pretended to have no crushes on guys for years)
5. Wanted to wear makeup

I too always complained about the injustices of makeup and how it is a waste of time and makes you look "ugly" or whatever. When I started high school, I realized the same thing you did... that it is just used to accentuate your features. But because of my years of being anti-makeup...it was awkward to talk to my mom about it.

I started off with just wearing concealer... if you have acne, or something to cover up, this might actually come in handy. You can tell your mom that you feel embarrassed about it, and you want to cover it up. She will then probably get the hint, and take you out shopping for some foundation, BB cream, or concealer.

The eye makeup was tougher for me. While shopping for makeup for your skin, you could point out those brands again, and maybe look for a sale or discount on eyeliner, mascara, etc. Keep hinting at these things, and eventually your mom will realize that you want to wear makeup.

Sorry I don't have many specific tips for you, but I just wanted to let you know that your embarrassment is completely normal! I used to think I was such a weirdo for being afraid to talk to my mom about stuff like this... but eventually, I became comfortable talking to her about anything and everything. If your mom is like mine, she will get the hint and support your new look. :)

Just remember, start small and sublte with makeup... The older and more experienced you get, the easier it will be for you to switch about your look and experiment with new things :)

Good luck! :)

Does Santee test their products on animals?




Betty


I found them recently and I really really like it. They have great quality products for cheap prices. Other people like it too, especially the nail polish, but no one knows if they test their products on animals or not. I checked their website, there was nothing about it. I suck with computers, so maybe it's me. Can anyone help me out here? Does anyone know whether or not they test their products on animals?


Answer
I think they do




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment